Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • tyre thread *sorry*
  • superstu
    Free Member

I know nothing about road tyres.

Have a new (2016) arkose with whatever nobblish tyres were standard on it, doing a road only charity ride in a month or two and want slicks to make life easier, any recommendations? Cheaper end please, and dont need them to be uber light given its a sensible stroll not a marathon (steady pace work thing with some non-riders).

Thanks in advance and sorry for the banal question.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYSCMRCFOL/schwalbe-marathon-cross-wired-tyre-with-raceguard

Had a pair of these on my FatNotFat wheels since late summer last year, they roll very well, cost me £20 from NextDayTyres and they normally cost ~£23 now… £16 is a steal!
    Fitting by hand, no levers, took me less than 1 minute per tyre. Even I was shocked, after my fun with 25c Marathon Plus on my Felt years ago!

There’s a bit of debate on the actual spec, but PX also have some G-Ones for ~£20 IIRC. Doesn’t seem to be the new model G-One speed, but the older model was supposed to roll well, albeit there is question mark over their durability.

Another new addition to stock at PX is the Panaracer Gravel King SK for ~£25 each, a little googling earlier suggests these might be a strong competitor to the G-One Speeds

creagbhan

I had some of these on my hybrid. 35c and not a puncture in 6 months, since fitting. Been used in all weather and seem to have good grip.

Vittoria Voyager Hyper £11.99 @ PX

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘tyre thread *sorry*’ is closed to new replies.