Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • tyre size – what is slightly narrower than a 2.35 minion rear – conti 2.2?
  • Premier Icon nosedive
    Free Member

so I had a great idea of building mrs nosedive a bike. and ‘lending’ it my lightweight wheels with minions on. thinking i can borrow them back for longer rides.

unfortunately the rear wont fit in the frame, too wide. any thoughts on something slightly narrower that will work tubeless? conti mountain king II 2.2 maybe?

any other ideas ? I need to be careful it will fit, 2.35 minions are quite narrow for a 2.35

Premier Icon chiefgrooveguru
    Free Member

I think it’s about 0.1″ narrower. What’s the frame?!

Premier Icon nosedive
    Free Member

orange diva frame. its only just touching but I dont want to wear through the paint. I dont want to put something too narrow on otherwise I wont want to borrow the wheels!

Premier Icon Northwind

That is one not-fit-for-purpose skinny rear end 🙁

Still, new ones come with 2.2 Mountain Kings. Conti sizing being what it is, those could be anywhere from a furlong to a bawhair wide so it’s not totally helpful, but a 2.0 of some sort from a company that owns a ruler ought to fit.

TBH there’s not much I’d use that’ll fit- had a wee look in my tyre-nerd database and there’s nothing substantially skinnier than the maxxis. Kenda 2.1s size up just fractionally smaller but not enough, if you’re losing paint.

Specialized Captain 2.0? Quite a fast tyre, bit different in style to a Minion dhf but it’s a good tyre.

Premier Icon nosedive
    Free Member

specialized……yes, hadn’t thought of those, thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘tyre size – what is slightly narrower than a 2.35 minion rear – conti 2.2?’ is closed to new replies.