Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tyre recommendations, £50 budget
  • rdc1985
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying some new tyres for the winter period.

I’m mainly limited to cross country riding at the moment, but once I purchase a car early next year I’ll be riding alot of trails.

I’ve a budget of around £50 and have read so many reviews, but I just can’t decide on what to go with.

I keep seeing recommendations for Kenda Nevegal stick-e, Kenda Nevegal DTC and Panaracer xc fire pro have good write ups.

I’m currently running on 2.1 kenda small block 8s.

Can anyone offer any good sound advice?

Thanks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can anyone offer any good sound advice?

They are all fine and non will kill you nor make you a riding God.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ruscle
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Hans Dampfs for winter riding ? Just asking I have a pair waiting to try out.

OP plenty of designs are available in standard rubber at good prices (ie no Evo/snakeskin/hot chilli stuff) – Nobby Nics as an all rounder ? As others have suggested German online sellers and/or look for some clearance bargainse

mboy
    Free Member

Too many variables as yet unanswered by the OP, but would suggest having a think about what’s most important in the tyres first, and what type of trails you’ll mainly be riding on.

If by winter tyre you mean something that’s a bit grippier than a summer tyre, and probably a bit slower rolling, then that’s one thing. If by winter tyre you mean you want full on narrow heavily spiked mud tyres, that’s another thing completely. But if you ride somewhere where it’s very soft year round, then you might actually want a full on mud tyre all year round too. If that makes sense?

And £50 for the pair, or £50 per tyre? Best thing to do is try and get a go on a few mates bikes, with different tyres on, or ask guys you ride with or see out on the trails, what they think of their tyres and why they like them. I’ve got my personal favourites, and I know why I like them and why I hate other tyres, but we’re all quite different and what suits me and my terrain may not suit you and yours so well!

Sorry, but it’s a BIG old can’o’worms on here the “what tyre” threads…

jonba
    Free Member

Continental mountain kings mk2 Nobby NICs or something that looks similar on special offer.

Try chain reaction cycles, Ribble cycles , merlin cycles and on-one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Minion 2.35 60a’s Single Ply

However just keep using what you have till it causes you problems.

rdc1985
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

To answer a couple of Mboy’s questions.
    My budget is for the pair.
    Ideally I want a set of tyres that will give me good reliable grip but is also half decent on the muddy sections.

Thanks again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tyre recommendations, £50 budget’ is closed to new replies.