Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tyre Pressure Gauge
  • ovoderbars

Any recommendations? Is digital better than anologue? I have a dial on my Park Tool floor pump but it doesn’t seem very accurate.

pipm1

I got the Lifelife one first, it didn’t work so I sent it back. I then got the Topeak one & it works reliably so far.

qwerty

Accu-Gage – prevents OCD psi panic when the batteries are flat.

They’re great, the one I have is 0-30psi, not the one above.

Premier Icon onewheelgood
    Subscriber

I bought the Topeak one and assuming it is accurate, it told me that my very old and very battered cheap Bikehut (Halfords) track pump is also spot-on accurate. Not sure why I bothered.

hols2

The main thing is that they are consistent so they give the same reading if you measure multiple times. I’m sure good quality analogue ones are very consistent, but the cheap ones that are fitted to pumps are generally all over the place like a mad dog’s shit. I think digital ones will be more consistent, but you need to be careful you don’t gum them up with tyre sealant – put the wheel with the valve at 4 o’clock and pump a shot of air through it to clear the sealant before you connect the gauge.

Premier Icon mickolas
    Subscriber

I have the sks one with a swivel head and both presta and schraeder. Easy to use and compact. When I take it off and put it back on it has lost 0.1psi.

Stevelol

I recently bought the BBB Pressure Gauge (same as Schwable one in the STW pressure gauge group test) and it works great, it reads 1psi higher than my Topeak track pump and (more importantly) seems to be consistent. And it was £11 so cheap as anything.

It’s also really light so I carry it with me in camelbak, takes the guess work out of the equation especially when you’re picky about your pressures… important when running tyre inserts imo.

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

I have the sks one with a swivel head and both presta and schraeder. Easy to use and compact. When I take it off and put it back on it has lost 0.1psi.

My Topeak seems to lose 3psi on road tyres and as stated consistency is the most important thing.

Premier Icon dcwhite1984
    Subscriber

I have a topeak, which the only main benefit is the fact it has a button to let air out, so i pump tyres until i have more than i need, then using said button fine tune to what i want.

Works like a charm on both mtb and road bikes.

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

I’ve got the Schwalbe one and it seems very accurate when measured against the digital one on my car pump, which is supposed to be accurate to within 0.5psi up to 50 psi.

That seems good enough for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.