Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tyre inflator compressor attacher doofers- Prestaflator, Rubber Johnny, DIY…
  • Northwind

So my compressor just blew up, and I figure I’ll replace the dubious hose and lashed-together presta inflator gun at the same time. I was just going to get another inflator gun and attach a topeak head to it (just do a better job than last time I did it!) but a wee google found the Rubber Johnny inflator at £40 from nextdaytyres, and that’s cheap enough to make fannying about not worthwhile if it works.

Sooooo, anyone used it? Does it work well? The chuck should be good but, does it restrict at all? Tubeless being all about the POWAH and the rate of delivery…

Cheers!

singlespeedstu

My inflator gun consists of a standard airline blow gun with a bit of rubber tube off a track pump shoved on the end.
    Just shove the tube over the valve and pull the trigger on the blow gun.
    Anything else is just over thinking it.

Northwind

Ohhhhh. So just dispense with the chuck entirely?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlespeedstu

Yep.
    Don’t see the point in it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I didn’t notice much difference between a topeak head and a bit of tube. I suspect my hose and/or the ‘gun’ is the weak link as my blow gun and inflator look to be identical one just has a gauge and hose, the other a nozzle.

Tempted to buy another hose, and put a quarter turn valve in it and a chuck on the end and see how it fares.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tyre inflator compressor attacher doofers- Prestaflator, Rubber Johnny, DIY…’ is closed to new replies.