Tyre for the road

Home Forum Bike Forum Tyre for the road

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyre for the road
  • cynic-al

There is no best. Plenty of light slicks around. Choose one that matches your needs for weight, volume, durability, puncture proofing.

Okay. Not the ‘best’, but any recommendations? I suppose I’m looking for the least MTB-esque. Weight not so much of an issue, I’m riding a steel MTB instead of a road bike. A bit extra won’t kill me. I’ll probably not use them much. This ‘long’ ride will be a bit of a one or two off on the MTB.

globalti

I have the same question, going to be using the full rigid Ti bike for the C2C so I’ll need a road tyre, something light and fast with a bit of texture for grip on any muddy bits. Islabikes do a nice one that would fit the bill.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

You want to buy a pair of schwalbe kojaks? I replaced my commuter, switched to 700c kojaks instead. Fair to say I like ’em.

globalti

Has anybody tried a Michelin Tracker?

Best ‘smooth’ tyre for riding a long way on the road on a MTB? 26, WTB Speed Disc rims.

Cheers

d45yth

I’ve tried two different kinds of Tracker’s. They’re alright but seem smaller than they used to be. If I had to choose, I’d go for the roasted nut.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyre for the road’ is closed to new replies.