Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyre for the road
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Best ‘smooth’ tyre for riding a long way on the road on a MTB? 26, WTB Speed Disc rims.

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

There is no best. Plenty of light slicks around. Choose one that matches your needs for weight, volume, durability, puncture proofing.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Okay. Not the ‘best’, but any recommendations? I suppose I’m looking for the least MTB-esque. Weight not so much of an issue, I’m riding a steel MTB instead of a road bike. A bit extra won’t kill me. I’ll probably not use them much. This ‘long’ ride will be a bit of a one or two off on the MTB.

globalti
    Free Member

I have the same question, going to be using the full rigid Ti bike for the C2C so I’ll need a road tyre, something light and fast with a bit of texture for grip on any muddy bits. Islabikes do a nice one that would fit the bill.

Northwind

You want to buy a pair of schwalbe kojaks? I replaced my commuter, switched to 700c kojaks instead. Fair to say I like ’em.

globalti
    Free Member

Has anybody tried a Michelin Tracker?

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve tried two different kinds of Tracker’s. They’re alright but seem smaller than they used to be. If I had to choose, I’d go for the roasted nut.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyre for the road’ is closed to new replies.