Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Typical!
  • ferrals

First night out for my wife and I without child since she was born 16months ago. Having a great time, couple of drinks down then my wife got a fish bone the size of a twiglet caught in her throat, we went home failed to remove it only pushed it further back. Now she’s off to a&e while I stay in with child. We’d managed 1hr 20 minutes of adult conversation 😂 😖

tails

16 months and you took her to the local chippy!!

ferrals

If only! I wanted just to go to the local pub but it was too busy so we went into town… I told her to have a bloody steak too 😂

km79

Those are called rare.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Sounds like the fish had a good night though.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

I told her to have a bloody steak too

Probably best she didn’t, a cow bone would have been very difficult to remove.

What, no one making bone jokes?

This place….

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

This place….

Plaice, obvs.

Oh, for Cod’s sake…

it was shellfish of her to ruin your night, hope you aren’t feeling too crabby about it.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

What, no one making bone jokes?

I’m wasted here.

Premier Icon BillMC
    Subscriber

<i>Isn’t fish meant to give you a boner?</i>

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Isn’t fish meant to give you a boner?

Not universally.

trail_rat

Look on the bright side.

No fish bone and you might have ended up with child number 2 🙂

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Well that was a humerus tale.

Hopefully they can thigh-nd the offending article.

Don’t rib her about it too much.

You might end up with  a er stern um talking too.

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Hideous pins aside.

I do sympathise. Our last date night consisted of an endless stream of texts about a very sick relative and an early night so I could get up at stupid o’clock to drive halfway across the country

Of the two weekends away we have had as a couple since eldest arrived I had flu on one and we’ve lost two more to kids being too ill to leave with relatives!

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

Hard luck OP.

Many years ago, my partner got a DVT in her leg. Bit of a rush job to hospital, so we shipped our baby daughter, (now 18) off to my parents who were visiting for the weekend.

An hour later, they turned up in A&E too, my dad had a fishbone stuck also. Can’t remember now where the toddler pass the parcel stopped.

Hideous pins aside.

That’s no way to talk about his wife!!

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

A friend of ours (Hi Jayne!) who may occasionally frequent this place lost a finger on her first night out post baby number 1.

Pissed as a fart she decided to climb over her neighbour’s fence to have a pee in their garden.

Big spikey fence and she got her hand caught climbing back over. She didn’t notice until she’d got home and turned the lights on…

Her husband had to knock on the neighbour’s door and ask if he could have a look round. They finally found the offending digit stuck on top of the fence, but too late to have it reattached.  She picks her nose with her left hand now. 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Typical!’ is closed to new replies.