• This topic has 48 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by T1000.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Two kids on the bike. Trailer or Surly Big Dummy / kona UTE ?
  • DaveP

Nobody seems to have mentioned a Pashley U+2 trailer.
    It worked very well on the school run for 2 similar sized kids,

ianpv
    Free Member

Our solution was a Kona minute, one on front, one on the back. Easy and fun! Just Sa set of cut down bars on the back so no need remove kids seats off and on – the bike is useful all the time. I think my son had just turned 4 when we started this, so my daughter was 2.5. I was worried that he’d jump off or something stupid, but it turns out they’re pretty sensible really. If not duffers won’t drown etc. He could ride a bike by then so it wasn’t an alien concept.

It got quite tough when he was 5 and she was 3 on the hills, but luckily he’s gone to school this term!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Also, moon on a stick time probably, but does anyone know if a Hamax seat can be adapted to fit onto the deck of a Mundo or a Big Daddy? Solutions that make use of zip ties, sugru and the odd spoon will probably be frowned upon by mrs blobby.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eckinspain
    Free Member

one of these ?

lardman
    Free Member

Ive looked at the possibility of a Hamax seat on the Yuba Mundo, and i think the answer is no.
    The rails of the Yuba rack are wider than most seats, which meant i HAD to purchase the ‘special’ seats for it, made by Polisport. Not the cheapest of seats either. They do clamp on easily and securely tho’

rents
    Free Member

I have a Kona Minute and have to say it is brilliant. IT has a hamax seat fitted to the back instead of the deck. It really is a useful bike. I commute every day on it and at the weekend get out with the little un. Fast as a road bike but solid and stable for carrying loads.

rents
    Free Member
    PhilO
    Free Member

Another approach is to use a tandem with child seats. Eg:

Clicky

It just so happens that I need to move this bike on to make space in the garage, if anybody’s interested… 🙂

T1000
    Free Member

There are lots of different seats that will work on the Yuba (give Rob at Really useful bikes a call)
    The Polisport Guppy is particularly good as the they can be removed and refitted very easily in under 5 mins

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Two kids on the bike. Trailer or Surly Big Dummy / kona UTE ?’ is closed to new replies.