Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • two idiot questions re. dialled alpine & CRC
  • alpin
    Free Member

brake mounts on a dialled are post mount?

brake mounts on a lyrik are IS….?

so this is how my order looks:

1 Shimano SLX Front Brake M665
    Post Mount – LH Lever
    2 Shimano XT Disc Rotor 6-Bolt RT75
    203mm 6-Bolt
    3 Shimano Mount Adaptor Front Post to IS 203mm
    74mm Post to IS 203mm

AND

1 Shimano SLX Rear Brake M665
    Post Mount – RH Lever
    2 Shimano SLX Disc Rotor RT64
    180mm Splined
    3 Shimano Mount Adaptor Rear Post to IS 180mm
    74mm Post to IS 180mm

that going to work?

and are you able to be notified via CRC when items come into stock. waiting on a 32h SunRingle Singletrack rim. then i can have a wheel built up.

don’t want to order brakes now and wheel later as i’ll be hit by postage (need to spend over €115 for free post).

cheers

J

neil853
    Free Member

do you have your brakes setr up bmx style? ie continental? i have mine set up so the front brake is on the right, just checking thats all 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Rear brake mounts on an Alpine are IS not post

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

no, not gone ‘euro’ for braking purposes…. had it on a friend bike and nearly killed myself. riding one handed, thought the rear was on the right. pulled up to lights then went sprawling across the road.

ah, thanks david. so the mounts on the order will be ok? they were the only mounts available.

cheers

J

uplink
    Free Member

no, not gone ‘euro’ for braking purposes

I’m mabye not following here but you’ve ordered a Euro style left/front, rear/right brake setup

alpin
    Free Member

oh siht…

you know i have to do that thing – extending your fingers but keeping them together and then the thumbs at right-angles to work out left and right.

you’re correct. i’m just stupid.

thanks for the heads up.

J

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Like said above, I don’t think it’ll work.

The levers appear to be Euro set up (front brake on RHS).

The rear fitting for a brake (on a DB Alpine) is IS. You would need an IS to Post converter or IS to IS step up spacer (so the caliper is in right position for diameter of disc).

It might be that SLX is post mount fitting on the caliper. However, “3 Shimano Mount Adaptor Rear Post to IS 180mm” ought to be Rear IS to Post, 180mm diameter.

I think….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘two idiot questions re. dialled alpine & CRC’ is closed to new replies.