Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Two hour drive to ride Ladybower tomorrow – good idea?
  • colournoise

That’s two hours in good conditions…

Are we mad. or should we just do it?

finbar
    Free Member

Depends where you’re driving from. Over Snake Pass? No chance.

martinhutch

Depends where you’re coming from. Is A57 even open?

Edit: Super snap 😀

Having thought about it some more, is there any direction into Ladybower that wouldn’t involve either a hideous approach or potential difficulties getting out again if the forecast snow arrives while you’re riding?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GolfChick
    Free Member

Yes you’re mad considering the weather report. Even if you get there you may not make it back. If it’s not a necessary journey then why risk it.

dannyh
    Free Member

Nope.

thejesmonddingo

Snake been shut all day,Woodhead not nice,my son got back from Stockport 5 mins ago.Coming from east side should be ok though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Enjoy snowy/frozen local trails instead.

nickdavies

I was going to as its my olny day off all month really, but im not that brave. I shall have a check of the weather first but i reckon ill stick to the leicestershire hills instead.

Yak

Having been stuck on the wrong side of the Peak with my nearly ready to drop pregnant wife and all the passes suddenly impassable, I wouldn’t recommend it. But if you love kipping in your car, fill yer boots .

rascal
    Free Member

I was up that way today walking.
    Wasn’t that cold – there were quite a few heavy snow showers but by Ladybower it wasn’t sticking and was wet on the ground – very slippy off road under foot as lots of hidden ice under snow. I imagine by tomorrow morning the roads will be pretty icy and if there’s a dump of snow on top tonight forget it.

sb88
    Free Member

Last year snow on Win Hill was over my hubs and visibility a few metres

colournoise

Discretion and valour and all that.

We’ve called it off. Will have a local play in the snow instead and try again next weekend maybe.

Thanks all.

dannyh
    Free Member

Credit where it is due, well done for calling it off.

There is always a temptation to have a “talk about this with the grandchildren adventure”, but more than likely you’d have ended up stuck in a car and the riding may not have been that good either.

colournoise

Had a nice snowy local ride instead, where I’ve determined that 26+ is the ideal snow tyre size. Less draggy than my mates on fatties, and a great balance of grip and back end breakaway fun.

blurty

Yes it’s worth it, but take touring skis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Two hour drive to ride Ladybower tomorrow – good idea?’ is closed to new replies.