Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Two bikes, one with Sram XO kit – one with Shimano XT – who wins?
  • njee20
    Free Member

X.0 is significantly lighter and more expensive, it’s more of a comparator to XTR frankly. So in that respect, X.0, and I’d probably choose X.0.

However, in a SRAM/Shimano debate given two equivalent spec bikes, I’d go Shimano.

edd

XT for me.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

X0 would be my choice.Prefer the feel of X0 shifters

deanfbm
    Free Member

Surely the frame>forks>wheels>controls in that order should be the deciding factor?

barkit
    Free Member

XO was a cassette and it was made of cheese. XT ones are a lot harder wearing

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t X0 component more race orientated and therefore much lighter and less durable? XT would be more equivalent to SRAM X9 I think.

makeitorange
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t X0 component more race orientated and therefore much lighter and less durable? XT would be more equivalent to SRAM X9 I think.

Fair comment, The XO was lighter (and had a pretty red spider-why I brought it), but I was still left feeling it should have a lasted a fair bit longer.

njee20
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t X0 component more race orientated and therefore much lighter and less durable?

Not really no. It’s far more expensive, but they do DH orientated chain devices and what not.

The XO was lighter (and had a pretty red spider-why I brought it), but I was still left feeling it should have a lasted a fair bit longer.

That be the PG990 cassette which isn’t really any lighter than XT, and there’s no reason for it not to last as long, suggest you were unlucky. There is now an X.0 level cassette (XG1080), which is far lighter than XT (and indeed XTR), but is also more expensive than both.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Two bikes, one with Sram XO kit – one with Shimano XT – who wins?’ is closed to new replies.