Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Twitter: Do you tweet?
  • miketually
    Free Member

Anyone? Thinking of having a look at it.

brant
    Free Member

It’s gone tweeting mad since Jonathan Ross the other night.

miketually
    Free Member

Yeah, apparently Stephen Fry’s followers shot up overnight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    domino

I signed up but havent read the instructions and couldnt fathom what to do.

ourmaninthenorth

Yep. I tweet. Random crap. Which is basically all blogging is for most people.

Mike – it would be a good extension of your blog (which I follow from time to time).

domino – if you’ve signed up, just post some random cr*p. What are you called on there? I’ll try to track you down so you’ve got an audience.

I haven’t tried the whole SMS twittering, though. That looks like it could get excessive!

nickc

Looked once, can’t say I’m in massive rush to have another…

jwr

Yep, I do… nothing worth reading though. I mainly use it as a way of doing one-line status updates on my website.

-j

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve looked at it. I then decided it was the biggest waste of my life ever. Then I returned to posting on here and struck the same conclusion. I’ll wire up my fridge to auto-tweet whenever I go into it one day. People have already done it with their toaster and toilet, what other spurious rubbish can be spouted about the internet in the name of progress? 🙂

domino

OMITN – I tweet, twitter, twit as KatCrompton – and I still cant fathom it but I have now posted my first, whatever it is.

brant
    Free Member

shedfire here.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’m registered and read Fry’s stuff – he’s obsessed! I haven’t got many followers so not much point me tweeting.

Drac

Seems like facebook but without all the pointless shite.

brant
    Free Member

Even Thumbman’s on there…

ourmaninthenorth

Right, I’m following you lot (well, some of you).

Domino, in spite of youbeing a lady ( 🙂 ), you seem to have managed to master it and post something..!

m0nster2
    Free Member

http://twitter.com/kdavitt here.
    Pointless indeed. But was intersting to read (‘ear) Lance’s stuff during the TDU (and Johan Brunyeel from the team car)

miketually
    Free Member

Mike – it would be a good extension of your blog (which I follow from time to time).

If you read it from time to time, you probably read it more often than I post to it 🙂

Might set up an account later. Will follow some of you lot and will post my name here.

It’s blocked at work, but I’m sure one of the Twitter apps will get past it.

ourmaninthenorth

Mike – two things:

1. update your blog (there’s a good chap); and

2. when you set up your twitter acc. switch on the SMS update facility (so, if you just gotta post, then you can*).

Tom (lhommedunord on twitter**)

*i heard a story about a guy in the US who walked out of a plane crash and, to let people know he was OK, sent a text to Twitter using his mobile (he claimed he couldn’t make a call for some reason) to let people (who didn’t know he had been in a crash) know he was OK

**ourmaninthenorth = lhommedunord… geddit? Oh, whatever.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well, I’ve just joined, posted a comment, and then what??
    What happens?

glenh
    Free Member

You feel warm inside knowing other people can read about your terribly exciting life.

DanBarham
    Free Member

I tweet about photography jobs, getting ripped off by record labels and getting my bikes stolen:

At first I couldn’t see the point of it, now I’m all over it

domino

Yep, I seem to be getting the hang of it now I am following people and I have people following me.

What kind of phone do you need to twitter directly from your phone?

FoxyChick – whats your twitter name?

miketually
    Free Member

1. update your blog (there’s a good chap)

1. I mainly use it to log rides
    2. I haven’t ridden since the last update

brant
    Free Member

you hear about philip schofield’s problems with scaffolding.

miketually
    Free Member
    miketually
    Free Member

you hear about philip schofield’s problems with scaffolding.

What about it?

jwr

Here’s some interesting people / organisations to follow:

CTC_Cyclists
    lancearmstrong
    JohnCleese
    howiescardigan
    ghincapie
    ivanbasso
    cern
    dzabriskie
    Seth_MacFarlane
    hodgman

-j (jwrfoo on twitter).

pjt201
    Free Member

https://twitter.com/tr1ckster

i do now – how exciting!

pjt201
    Free Member

i think i’m addicted already. just what i need, another part of the internet to waste time on…

Surfr
    Free Member

Almost 2 years since I joined Twitter now, but in the last week the BBC has been mentioning it all over the place.

http://twitter.com/surfrdan but unless I know you, I’m unlikely to allow followers. Like most UK twitterers, I’ve gone private.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

o dear what have i done! I hate facebook but i’ll see what this Twitter is all about!

http://twitter.com/progressivebike

vizzle
    Free Member

I’ve been twittering for a few weeks , and trying to convince my cycling mates to do the same. Use it to talk about all kinds of stuff, quite often MTB related. Some interesting tweeters I’m following:

SweatnGears
    cyclingfans
    LizKreutz (Lance’s photographer)
    rustyrockets (Russell Brand)
    TrekMTB
    Dave_Gorman
    RealRobBrydon
    trainright(chris carmichael)
    lancearmstrong
    bobmcenaney (training coach)

twitter name is “vings”

Surfr
    Free Member

I’ve opened my account up to all now, although I don’t know ow long I’ll keep it like that. I always get a little anxious.

Surfrdan

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Started last week when I could not sleep, follow Stephen Fry, he is amusing, Shedfire, as a way to try and find out what might have been happening last weekend and Chipps of these parts is there as well.

Am all alone here with the same name I use everywhere.

All alone, just the way the internet always is but may see what some of you are upto soon as well by the looks of it. Had a go with Twitpic too.

rs
    Free Member

my SO just started this up, hers is more of a girly thing to do with her jewelry but looks like its a good way of getting a message out if you have lots of followers.

mudshark
    Free Member

Ooh…just found out how to get the RSS feed to work with Google Reader.

http://freemyfeed.com/

markenduro
    Free Member

Just started it, probably about as useful as chavbook but will see:
    http://twitter.com/Markenduro

GrahamA
    Free Member

Started a while ago but I have nothing much to say.

This could be the next big thing Goggle Latitude

Tracker1972
    Free Member

GrahamA – Member

This could be the next big thing Goggle Latitude

Agreed Graham, am playing with it at the moment and getting very spooked by the accuracy of it’s guess of your location when you are using a wireless laptop. So far seems to be constrained to built up areas (obviously) but pretty good. Now want a phone with GPS.

rs
    Free Member

holy sh!t, I can see its uses but that’s quite scary.

AB
    Free Member

Must be doing something wrong. Put my number in the following format +4407*** etc. but it said “Note: We currently don’t support sending SMSes to this number. You may still verify your phone and update Twitter, but we’ll never send you a message.”

What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Twitter: Do you tweet?’ is closed to new replies.