Twitter

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Twitter
  • Rickos

Just signed up to Twitter and I’m kinda wondering why really. So, who’s interesting to follow/stalk?

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

and Danny Baker.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

I am very tedious. Avoid me at all costs. I do.

ftr1873

@singletrackmag
    @CedricGracia
    @gee_atherton

That’ll get you started!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Talking of Twitter (I’m stupidly bored today), there was a report about the local police and the calls they have to answer on TV yesterday. Now some nice lady had phone the police (yes, phoned the police) to report being harassed on Twitter.
    I don’t think any further typing is necessary.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

@Aiannucci
    @DaveGorman
    @ukbikeskills -mainly for coffee related news 😉

a few more for you.

Boringly predictable picture posted by boringly predictable stationary salesman to demonstrate just how boringly predictable he is. 🙄

There’s a right tosser for you: @deadlydarcy.

Generally, comedians are good…Dara O’Briain, Alan Davies, Jimmy Carr, etc. I use it to contact my local MP and though I’m no fan of hers, she always replies. Some good political figures to follow too: your MP, Alastair Campbell. And plenty of cyclists tweet: Cav, Bradley, Thor etc.

@daysnways

I need the dudes . . . .

@Humblebrag

Find a person you like/ find interesting and see who they are following

I’m @grievoustim BTW

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Ive bought one bike frame and two holidays via twitter, the normal peeps can be interesting but i suggest @markcavendish for straight talking views 🙂

iDave

@ffflow
    @shitmydadsays

A lot of the TdF riders are funny! Cav, his girlfriend @PetaTodd,
    Mark Renshaw they are all on there.
    jimmy Carr is funny.

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

Don’t follow @miketually, especially now the summer’s nearly here and he’ll just be banging on about not being in work.

Houns

my bin ninja skillz are weak, what’s your @ on there Rickos?

Premier Icon cove123
    Subscriber

dom jolly uses c**T alot!!!! and loves a good troll he be perfect for here!

Rickos

Houns – I ain’t tellin’ you. Facestalk is for buddies, Twatter is for stalking the glitterati.

Thank for the suggestions. I’d already found Cav, but I’ll look out for some of the others. Particularly like the idea of sh1tmydadsays. 😀

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Facestalk is old hat though, the cool kidz (and freedom fighters) use twitter

Houns

Nah Google+ is where the cool kidz are

Oh and Rickos :finger:

I likes it..
    Met some great people on it..

Premier Icon matthewjb
    Subscriber

It’s good way to get some unguarded comments from people.

For cycling I follow Cav and Brad Wiggins.

I also follow a few journalists. It’s good way of finding out breaking news and gossip. Giles Coren (@gilescoren) is entertaining.

And then some comedians like Richard Herring (@herring1967)

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

Not a twitter user myself – but a lot of the thebigsam’s tweets get put up on football forums and they’re mortal funny (IMHO, defo would not be to everyone’s taste). Think he had to change his name to notthebigsam or some variation like that.

CountZero

I follow a few authors like William Gibson and Cory Doctorow, a bunch of writers from Tunisia, Yemen, Japan and various ‘interesting’ parts of the world, and some musicians.
    And I hardly ever post anything, so I’m not going to bother putting my username here, ‘cos it would be pointless.

DT78

Am I the only one that doesn’t really get it?

Premier Icon DavidB
    Subscriber

@Citizenfishy for once a week cycling book writing blog malarky

DickBarton

@dick_barton – not got much of value but every now and again (literally now and again!), I come out with a gem…think last one was about 3 months ago so I’m surely due one shortly…

Don’t follow the rich and famous – figure as I don’t follow them on tv, no point wasting my time with them there…follow other bikers/folk I know and other diabetics…my postings are completely random in lot of cases…if you do follow me, standby to be underwhelmed!

Pieface

All the cool kids have moved on to the ‘alternative’ social network

mudshark

I’ve got rid of most of the people I was following as ended up getting swamped so now just follow cyclists. I use tweetymail which sends tweets in batches to my email a/c and find that works best for me.

jojoA1

Twitter is for those middle of the night, can’t get to sleep so need to read some random sh*te moments…
    @jojo1 #tweetinglesscosworkingmore

joao3v16

No. I don’t get Twatter either.

You may as well just shout inane things into the street from your front door. Just as interesting, and just as many people give a 5h1t.

stevemtb

I wasn’t sure about it before I signed up but definitely converted now.

You only follow the people or groups you are interested in so should only receive tweets you want to see. Can be very useful for events, people like NoFuss are pretty good at offering info you wouldn’t normally get via Twitter.

Then there’s the famous folks, people like Cav post up some great stuff that they probably shouldn’t. He’s pretty new to it and was pretty much told to by HTC I think, definitely a few tweets sent in the heat of the moment which gives thoughts you wouldn’t hear in the normal interviews when he’s calmed down.

If you follow people you are interested in I think most people would enjoy it.

derp

What would you like to know?

No. I don’t get Twatter either.

Congratulations, you share the same sense of humour as David Cameron. My condolences.

iDave

You may as well just shout inane things into the street from your front door.

Interesting that your opinion suggests you have no idea what twitter is. It’s quite similar to saying mobile phones are crap because you read once that someone used one to say something stupid.

What if someone was shouting insightful, funny or pertinent information from their front door? Would it be OK then?

Like everything in life, if you seek shite you’ll find it, but it’s your choice.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I’d suggest that the people who intentionally read threads about things they don’t get and then take time out of their lives to respond for no other reason than to criticise those who do should take a good long look at themselves.

ChunkyMTB

I’ve had a coffee and now I can feel the blind eel wriggle… 8)

I’ll update shortly.

joao3v16

Congratulations, you share the same sense of humour as David Cameron. My condolences.

What’s a David Cameron ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Twitter’ is closed to new replies.