Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Twin Towers. Sponsorship With A Difference.
  • IHN

*nudge *

monksie
    Free Member

Cheers Si  🙂

monksie
    Free Member

I found this languishing on page 5.

Looks like training can finally start in earnest this weekend. My knee ligament has responded rather well to a very frustrated hammering with my fist and apart from being a little black and blue from bruising, it doesn’t seem too sore at all.

monksie
    Free Member

Huge thanks to Paul. Let me have your contact details and I’ll get your tickets organised. Thanks again. I’m very grateful.

BadlyWiredDog

Can anybody recommend a sports physio in the Manchester / Peak area? What I thought was an ITB injury just isn’t getting any better three weeks on. My knee is ooked with an f on the beginning and I have a very big bike ride to train for.

Tim Budd over at Global Therapies in Glossop is ace if you’re not sorted or it flares up again:

http://www.globaltherapies.com

Tell him I sent you 🙂

z1ppy

Donated and emailed(?)

(#sponsorship-bump)

scc999

Donated a few quid.

Good luck!

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the recommendation for a physio, BWD. I’ll give it a few more days and if it’s not improved, I’ll go and see Mr Budd and name drop you while I’m there (for better or worse).

Huge thanks also to z1ppy and scc999 for the donations. I’ve emailed copies of your tickets. Really grateful and so close to going over the £700 mark. Brilliant stuff!

monksie
    Free Member

Things are beginning to improve, much like the weather. Training rides are now being completed. I’m also getting some custom riding jerseys made for both training and the ride itself. If you have a business and you’d like to put your company logo on one of the panels in exchange for a donation, just drop me an email and we can get it organised.

Of course, if you’d just like to donate and be in with a chance of winning a prize, the link to the Just Giving page is on page one of this thread.

Thanks very much if you’ve already taken part and thanks in advance if you are going to.

monksie
    Free Member

If I can get the total to £750 before 11:00am tomorrow (Sunday), I’ll do a 100 mile road ride regardless of the weather conditions.

monksie
    Free Member

Time to get this thing going again. Bikes are fixed, injury has cleared up and time has flown by and I am so far behind in training and fundraising, it makes me panic.

Anybody else interested in making a contribution? £1 could get you a day learning with Tony at UK Bike Skills, a brand new, still boxed set of Hope 29’er wheels….all sorts of prizes and more to be added now I’m getting myself in to gear.

Pyro

It was 5p/mile for my last school sponsored walk, tightarses up in my area obviously.

Chucked some cash in Monksie, will drop you an email as well.

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks very much Pyro. I’ll get some tickets organised for you. I have loads of off line cash to add to the fund and prizes to be added. I’ve got so far behind with most of it but the biggest worry is my riding hours and lack of.

I think I’m going to die…………..

Pyro

The advice I got for my first Ultramarathon was “the legs only do what the head tells them to”.

Keep your head right and you’ll do it fella.

monksie
    Free Member

After a few disastrous weeks of injury, aches and pains and buying a new BMC road bike (it’s ace), I need to not only ramp up the training but also the fund raising.

I’m going to add prizes to the draw and post up the route with time estimates. Hopefully, I can raise some more cash and get a few people coming out on the tday to do a few miles.

monksie
    Free Member

A timely reminder of this daft thing I’m doing, I hope.  Only around 8 weeks or so until the big day.  All contributions gratefully received.

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you very much to the anonymous donater and also to Andy Duff (your donation was in before the prize draw closed so I have some tickets for you). It’s very much appreciated.

I’ve plotted a route, very rudimentary to be honest using Google maps and it’s put me on dual carriageways for the most part. Is there a better way of doing this? I don’t have a mapping GPS and people are now asking for locations and times so they can join in for a while.

nealglover
    Free Member

Missed this thread until now, cracking idea 👍

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you very much Neal. Fancy doing a few miles along the way with me?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/twintowers540miles

Ogg

There’s a tenner – good luck!

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you very much Ogg.

monksie
    Free Member

Not long to go now.

monksie
    Free Member

Done. Just got home. Knackered and empty. Prize draw tomorrow evening. They might have to do it in my absence.

theboatman
    Free Member

Great work, Steve. Chapeau 😁👍💪

gnusmas

With everything that has happened and that is going on I completely forgot about this, sorry.

Well done Steve, good effort 💪👊

Pyro

Fantastic effort Monksie, was waiting for an update! Excellent work, hat’s off to you.

IHN

Nice work chap 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you very much. Some very unflattering photo’s on the St Ann’s Hospice Facebook and Twitter pages from Tuesday when I called in on the way through and more to be uploaded later from the journey.

How are you and the family getting on Gnusmas? I don’t visit this forum very much anymore but I hope you’re all doing as well as you can. Please accept my continued condolences.

gnusmas

Thanks Steve. One day at a time, all I can do to be honest. Struggling a fair bit, no let up at all at the moment. It’s one thing after the other constantly and it keeps mounting up.

Well done again for your achievement. Will try and find it on Facebook so I can see the pics.

monksie
    Free Member

Copied from the Just Giving page:

<b>More photo’s to be added here and hopefully on St Ann’s Hospice Facebook and Twitter pages.</b>

<b>Done! Set off from Blackpool Tower at 7:14am Tuesday 07/08/18. Arrived at the Eiffel Tower at 8:55am Thursday 09/08/18. 189 miles (plus 20 miles riding from home to Manchester Piccadilly to get the early morning train to Blackpool) on the first day. 181 miles on the second day. Caught the last ferry on Wednesday night and rode into Paris, 110miles during the early hours of Thursday.  The mileage was shorter as I had calculated the ferry miles as riding miles by mistake.</b>

<b>Huge thanks to everybody who donated and came out on the day(s) to cheer me on and do a few miles on the road. All of your support was fantastic.</b>

<b>The draw has taken place with the wining numbers as follows:</b>

<b>Hope 29’er MTB Wheels : Yellow 326</b>

<b>UK Bike Skills Tuition Day : Yellow 148</b>

<b>Bargain Booze 6 Bottle Box of Wine : Yellow 142</b>

<b>UB40 Double Album Vinyl : Green 483 (redonated by the winner)</b>

<b>Bicycle Smithy Free Bike Service : Green 160</b>

<b>Nando’s £30 Voucher : Green 418</b>

<b>One Month Free Membership New Bodies Gym : Yellow 68</b>

<b>Samsung 38″ Interactive TV : Green 431</b>

<b>Congratulations to the prize draw winners and thank you again to everybody who took part.</b>

The TV, Wheels and UK Bike Skills Tuition Day were won by forum members. Emails have been sent to obtain delivery addresses.

Massive thanks to everybody from here who took part. Apologies for the formatting.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Twin Towers. Sponsorship With A Difference.’ is closed to new replies.