Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Twin ovens in kitchen tower unit. Do they need a shelf in-between?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Fitting twin Neff ovens in our tall kitchen tower unit and I don’t know if they usually sit directly on top of each other, or whether you need a shelf between them to sit the top one on?
    Seems a stupid question but we’ve never had a built in kitchen before.

stumpy01

When you say twin ovens…are they completely separate units?

Our double oven sits in a tall unit, but the oven itself is one complete unit that just slides in. It’s not two separate units….

fisha
    Free Member

If they are 2 seperate units, then yes, I would recommend a shelf between them. Reason being that the top of ovens are often not flat, and compared to the front face, the overall top side sits lower to allow air to circulate around the top of the unit. You wouldn’t be able to sit them one on top of each other directly. Also, some over doors need a little space below them for the door to pivot properly. My oven would not be able to sit flat on the floor as when I open the door, the bottem section of the door pushes down on the floor its sitting on. Its only a few mm, but its something to look out for. My oven unit is a NEFF.

If its a single unit of a main oven, and a smaller oven above it (often refered as a tall oven) then they fit as one on a single shelf.

grifster
    Free Member

Just done this in our new kitchen, a single oven and combi microwave, both Neff and the kitchen fitter didn’t put a shelf in as they wouldn’t fit, they would’ve been too far apart. They sit on metal inserts fitted in to the side of the carcass, look great and all touch screenery!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

look great and all touch screenery

hmm. I’m not very happy with ours. Touch screens seem very flaky in their responsiveness – sometimes I can’t get them to switch on. Sometimes it seems they’ll only go in one direction (can scroll options but can’t get the ‘home’ button to register to take it up a level in the menus).

On the verge of contacting for warranty.

grifster
    Free Member

Actually now you mention this been having the same problem a few times, just thought it might be dry fingers. It’s only on the combi too though where you have to toggle between menuu, does sound like an issue and perhaps a call to warranty is needed, the more that flag this up the better, sorry to divert the thread!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Oh no. Don’t want to hear of problems before I’ve even wired them in.
    We’ve got a single oven and combi microwave too.
    Will be keeping my fingers crossed considering how much they cost!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Twin ovens in kitchen tower unit. Do they need a shelf in-between?’ is closed to new replies.