Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Twelve weeks
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/7909510.stm

The court had heard how Lord Ahmed sent and received a series of five text messages while driving in the dark at speeds of, and above, 60mph along a 17-mile stretch of the motorway.

Discuss

dave_aber
    Free Member

Sending texts is no excuse for driving so slowly along a motorway

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

“Mr Justice Wilkie made clear the texting incident had no bearing on the fatal collision.

He said: “After a full and thorough police investigation it’s clear the dangerous driving had no causal link to the accident.”

But he added: “It is of the greatest importance that people realise what a serious offence dangerous driving of this type is.

So it would appear he got the 12 wks for “dangerous driving” – which seems harsh – not for causing death by dangerous driving for which it would have been lenient.

Two cars ahead of him had already hit the stationary car.

Gary_M
    Free Member

So this was on Christmas Day right, generally the roads are pretty quiet. How did the dead guy manage to hit the central reservation anyway?

anagallis_arvensis

I think that seems fair. I cant help but compare all these incidents with my friend who was killed whilst cycling last year which I could rant about the injustice for hours

hora
    Free Member

His Solicitor needs a kicking. Has he not seen the cases where other mobile users have been given longer sentances? Worse than talking with one hand on the wheel is LOOKING DOWN WITH YOUR EYES TOTALLY OFF THE ROAD.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Sentence is not that remarkable. If the court was happy with the lack of a causal link then, as TJ says, its a fairly stiff sentence for plain vanilla dangerous driving.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

he was tossing with his other hand ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Twelve weeks’ is closed to new replies.