Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Tweeks.
  • nofx
    Free Member

Are tweeks always dire or is it just at the mo. I ordered a derailleur extender on the 23rd. Got nothing. Emailed twice,no reply. Now I’ve gone on their site & they’re saying ” Sales of this item are now suspended”🙄🤬. Why say that you’ve got the part in stock ,then not reply to emails, then put sales of this item are now suspended” on the site without telling the people who ordered one? Crappy customer service! I ain’t ordering from them again 😠

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why say that you’ve got the part in stock

Because it’s not in stock, it’s in stock at their supplier so you’re at the mercy of two warehouses working slowly, and 2x royal mail deliveries working slowly. And Tweeks.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Used them pre covid no problems at all.

Ordered some shoes from them four weeks ago that were the wrong size. Logged on to return them only to find out they had suspended returns. Today I finally got hold of them and processed the return. I get the impression they are a small shop with an online presence, I am going to cut them some slack. I also get the impression they are working as hard as they can to keep things going so some decline in customer service is to be expected

damascus
    Free Member

The problem with trying to compete with the big boys on price means you either have to invest millions in stock that might not sell but you still have to pay interest or use your suppliers stock which adds to the delay.

Tweeks have always done this, sold things they don’t have and turn around has always been hit and miss. I suspect as above covid has made this a lot worse.

rascal
    Free Member

Brilliant!
    I came on here ultimately to whinge/see what I could find out about this lot and found this brand new thread 😉
    I ordered jockey wheels, NW ring and cassette on May 23rd like the OP. Had the initial email confirming the order but absolutely naff all since, even after a polite ‘hello, can you let me know when I can expect my bits please’ email. I know the post is a bit w*nk right now but no update is a bit crap.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I get the impression they are a small shop with an online presence

It’s a spin off of Demon Tweeks the car parts place, it’s definitely in the ‘huge box shifting warehouse’ end of things rather than LBS.

lewzz10
    Free Member

I ordered a BB and some other bits from them on the 7th, all in stock at the time. A working week later I was contacted to say the BB was due in stock on the 1st. Heard nothing else so far. I wasn’t in a huge rush to ride a enduro bike in lockdown so didn’t cancel but I’d appreciate if they had sent the other items that they had in! Also won’t be using them again.

*having searched my email for dates I see I had the same problem with Tweeks in 2017 with a 1 month wait to get something also listed as in stock. I took my money elsewhere in that instance.

lister

Just the luck of the draw. I ordered something ‘in stock’ from Tredz last month. Finally got an expected delivery date at the end of June.
    Found the same bit on Tweeks for cheaper, even with express delivery, and it’s on the way already.

endomick
    Free Member

Messed me about pre covid, the supplier thing should only add 2-3 days delay. Poor communication and over a week for my order.
    My LBS is Winstanleys, usually reliable, currently psss poor.
    Chainreaction are still functioning as usual though, 3 orders so far without issue.

Poopscoop

Even pre Covid this is pretty normal for Tredz/ Tweaks etc.

I use them but not for anything I need sharpish.

superstu
    Free Member

For balance, only used them twice mind:

Bought a transition from them 18 months ago (complete bike) and they were very easy to deal with.

Recently (in lockdown) purchased some brakes and they were good to deal with and parts shipped out quickly.

Luck of the draw? Have had plenty of issues with bigger online bike retailers.

ginkster

I’ve had poor service from them twice in recent weeks so won’t be using them again. First time wasn’t too bad, took 10 days but one item was showing as 3-5 day wait so I wasn’t expecting quick despatch. The other was terrible – 2 in stock items took 3 weeks. No answers to my emails and unable to get through on the phone. Raised a complaint through PayPal stating I wanted the order cancelled (I needed 1 item quick so bought from CRC and got it in 36hrs)but instead they just dispatched the order a few days later.

What annoys me the most is no response to emails. If they are struggling with the Covid situation then admit it on the homepage and manage expectations. It will pay off in the long run rather than hacking off so many customers.

On the other hand, Bike-discount.de have a big warning saying it may take 7 days to dispatch – my order with them was in the post within 24hrs and on my doorstep 2 days later. They managed my expectations and beat them. I will use them again. Unlike Tweeks….

neilthewheel

Just today, having emailed twice and had no reply, I rang them up to check the state of my order.
    I was in the queue for 30 minutes before I got to speak to someone.
    Not impressed.

halifaxpete

Used them afew times with no issues, Infact when my exposure light was faulty they sorted it within a week so cant grumble. A recent order during the lockdown took a little longer than expected to arrive but it got here eventually.

nofx
    Free Member

I ordered the part from Amazon & got it the next day.” Support bike shops” they say.”I can’t be bothered if they can’t ” I say. They run their business like the jonson runs the UK. 😐.

rascal
    Free Member

Bloody hell – I wish I knew how shite they were before I ordered.
    Just read a load of their FB reviews – doesn’t make reassuring reading.
    Neil the Wheel – was the call today worthwhile as that’s my next port of call.
    No obvious way to cancel either as done through PayPal.
    I wouldn’t mind if they were honest about realistic delivery times and stock but it’s the silence that boils my p#ss.

nonk
    Free Member

They aren’t Shite they are being absolutely inundated with calls whilst being on skeleton staff and dealing with painfully slow supply
    Just like everyone in the trade at the moment.
    Moan away though.

nicknameless
    Free Member

Carp recent experience here too via e-bay. Item showing in stock – no item shipped and no communication in nearly two weeks. Phone up to be told it had been cancelled as not actually in stock – was actually a lie – they cancelled the order after I got off the phone, as the e-mail then came through. Refund processed quickly.

Easier to cut slack if they communicate with you and don’t appear to lie.

nofx
    Free Member

At least people know they’re as honest as a tory spokesman now. I & several people who replied to my op wouldn’t be saying they’re dire if they told the truth & bothered to answer emails. Customer service goes a long way 😐

olly2097
    Free Member

For balance:

I’ve always found them really helpful in store. But then I live half hour away so don’t need delivery.

rascal
    Free Member

I decided to bite the bullet and call them about my order just now.

Was on hold for 22 mins and spoke to a helpful lady who informed me that the 2 main and most expensive parts are ready for immediate dispatch, but the £9 jockey wheels are ‘due in from the supplier’. Put on hold for another 5 mins while she called the supplier, to be told they won’t be in until 15/16 June and then sent out after that. The bits that are ready will be in the post ‘today, latest tomorrow’ and I’ve cancelled the jockey wheels. Sorted fairly painlessly and quickly in the end (if she does what she said she’d do that is). Piss poor comms generally though with zero updates – it’s that and them saying stuff is in stock when it isn’t (which is basically lying) that gets people wound up.

Hopefully my bits turn up before my next planned ride (Fri) but I’m not banking on it. Lesson learnt – I’ll never use these clowns again.

richmtb

So I completely understand that things will take longer than normal due to Covid, but if you have such a massive backlog that you can’t process orders or answer the phone then maybe stop taking orders! All they are doing it pissing people off. Plenty of websites have notices up saying “due to unprecendented demand we are suspendng orders”

I ordered some parts waited 4 weeks, emailed them got no response, raised a paypal dispute and then got a refund.

I ordered the stuff from CRC and got it 2 days later

Poopscoop

As someone pointed out earlier, if they simply put a notice up on the sight to tell people to expect delays it would defuse a lot of this.

I think they are just determined to make hay whilst the sun shines and don’t want to put off buyers.

A very short term way of looking at things as this thread shows.

People remember bad service far more than they do good service.

nofx
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me 😊. I couldn’t ride for a week because of tweeks ineptitude. Back out shredding the trail’s now though 😁. Using the part I got from Amazon 😂

patagonian
    Free Member

Ordered a few bits on on Monday and confirmation of dispatch recieved yesterday, so far so good……

transition1
    Free Member

Bloody useless ordered & paid for quick delivery, realised afterwards was going to be slow so ordered elsewhere, called to cancel got cut off, emailed no reply sent stuff out now trying to return for refund not answered any emails for returns number sent 5 over several days

mccraque

I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for some new brake pads for my sons bike. Not responding to emails. Pretty shoddy.

daern
    Free Member

Not sure where else to put it, so will share here:

I’ve been using Mantel recently and have been impressed. Seem to be based in the Netherlands, but my experience is that if you order before say 6pm on Wednesday, you’ll have it in your hands on Friday via UPS. Had a few things from them recently and they’ve been both reliable and cheap for commodity items (e.g. a GX Eagle cassette).

At the moment, I would rate delivery reliability as follows:

Wiggle – reliably next day (if you have “Wiggle Prime” at least) although the cut-offs are earlier at the moment
    Amazon – Using Prime, somewhat variable, but stuff does generally arrive when they say it will. Same day seems definitely reduced range at the moment
    Mantel – 2 days, reliable
    Everyone else who uses Royal Mail – pretty awful. I would say a week minimum *if* they post it on time, which clearly not every business can due to staffing, isolation or (in the case of Tweeks etc.) not holding stuff in stock.

Would be interested in other people’s recommendations of places shipping quickly, and reliably at the moment.

nofx
    Free Member

I finally got the part. 20 minutes after emailing tweeks to get a refund. I’m going to keep the part, seeing as I break parts quite a bit 😬

samuelr
    Free Member

Tweeks cycles is a Relatively small bike shop on an industrial estate in wrexham. They have 2-3 staff (probably less now). They carry quite a bit of stock in the shop/warehouse but do fulfil orders from suppliers for some items.
    They have alway been helpful when I have used them.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Tweeks.’ is closed to new replies.