Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Tweedlove Intl Enduro course chat
  • BoardinBob

OK own up, did any of you get caught out by my Stage 6 First Corner of Doom? All that peril and terror on prospacker but that root had the most crashes on the stage

Guilty. Got totally hung up on that corner. Rode Pro-Spacker better than I expected though still had a few offs. May a total pigs ears of Jawburn. Lost so much time. The last stage was my best by a considerable margin.

Absolutely brilliant but brutal 4 days. Non stop practice and racing with no rest is very tough for us amateurs. Currently eating my 2nd pizza of the night 8)

br
    Free Member

I know little of the natural trails at Inners. Are any of the sections within the grasp of mere mortals that like things like the Ho Chi Minh, Zoom or Bust, or The Fort?

Yes, loads – look on Strava for Minch Baby Minch and Kity Litter and then explore.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Has anyone got a link for the results? Ta!

athgray
    Free Member

Thanks br

BoardinBob

Yes, loads – look on Strava for Minch Baby Minch and Kity Litter and then explore.

I’d add Ali Lees to the list.

And the new ones : hoggers, gnarnia, green wing

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Great thanks!

euain

OK own up, did any of you get caught out by the Stage 6 First Corner of Doom? All that peril and terror on prospacker but that root had the most crashes on the stage, including a couple of the elites And I got to watch, bonus!

Made it round thanks to your warnings.

Prospacker was great fun – which surprised me as it scared the crap out of me in practice. I said hi at the top – I was the one asking where the bunny suit was and then had to wait to let the guy ahead pick himself up after falling foul of your corner.

Edit – and thanks to you and all the marshalls that make these events work 🙂

BoardinBob

Stage 7 from yesterday

[video]http://vimeo.com/167660708[/video]

myopic
    Free Member

NW- I think I cleared first root, but after that it was a calamity (as I expected). Got a lump of mud in my eye on the top section just before I passed you, not that it made much difference!

Just happy to have finished all the stage in 1 piece 🙂

Big thanks to all the marshalls and folks working on all of the support areas 😀

stephenmacdonald43
    Free Member

that vid of cresta about 10000000 times drier than when i came down was like riding down a river, had a bit of a disappointing day on sunday with 4 offs. still had a great long weekend.

jimmy

Bob – you made it successfully over the section i was marshalling, about a minute from the end, the last semi-fireroad you cross into a left hander with a big exposed root. Lots of damage done to the tree straight after it and no doubt a few shoulders.

Was a great spectacle to watch – the top few were just unbelievably quick through there – blink and you miss it stuff.

euain

Bob – brings back good memories. Those roots at 3:54 don’t look like much but they were the source of my only proper fall all weekend. 🙂

Great way to finish the day though… (well apart from having to finish it with 6 miles back to Peebles).

obi1
    Free Member

jimmy – Member
    Bob – you made it successfully over the section i was marshalling, about a minute from the end, the last semi-fireroad you cross into a left hander with a big exposed root. Lots of damage done to the tree straight after it and no doubt a few shoulders

Must admit to being caught out here – was one of the last runners down the hill, managed to avoid the tree but got caught up in the tape. Must’ve lost a good 20 or 30 seconds trying to unravel my handlebars as my lack of fitness and frustration combined to render my hands absolutely useless. If it was you, I could hear the pity in your voice telling me to just snap the tape as I pathetically pawed at it – thank you for not laughing or filming this chronically embarrassing moment…

Tracey

Great weekend, the crowds were buzzing for the riders, great to put some faces to names. Didn’t see many photographers out and about on the trails. Cant wait to get back up again.

BoardinBob

Highlights from the weekend. So much fun

[video]http://vimeo.com/167785322[/video]

hughjayteens
    Free Member

What an incredible weekend! 9 hour drive up on Thursday afternoon (with a nice meal near Penrith) meant we were pretty tired on Friday so only managed to ride stages 6,7 and then 5 once each so we raced the rest blind (all first time racers and first timers at Inners!). 5 and 6 were the steepest stuff any of us had ever ridden so I’m pleased we got to try these once at least before the race.

Had a good first day on Saturday but was a little frustrated that we hadn’t had chance to practice these stages, not necessarily to go much faster, but just because they were so much fun! The weather held up and we had a great first day. The second day was always going to be tough but the weather turned against us near the top of the climb as a hailstorm came in just as we started stage 4. It was great fun but the mud was going everywhere and again, it was a shame we hadn’t had chance to ride it beforehand as it was a total hoot! When we got to the bottom, there was group who came down 10 minutes earlier who were all clean and dry who wondered where the hell we had come from! We heard later that the temperature had dropped 10 degrees in 30 minutes… Welcome to Scotland!

It was very wet and windy at the top of 5. No idea what happened but I managed to have a high speed off backwards into some trees on one of the fast traverses. Scared myself a little but nothing hurt so I hopped back up and had an OK-ish run through the rest of it. Clean through Jawbone but messed up a couple of the less tech sections when my brain switched off.

I enjoyed 6 – (Northwind – was that you who was giving us a pep talk telling us how short the stage was compared with the EWS version and that we should be thankful?!!! – If so, nice to meet you and thanks for doing such a great job along with all the other marshalls) – managed to ride the super techy bits cleanly but again dropped it a couple of times on the ‘easier’ bits including twice on the very bottom section once out of the woods crossing the stream!

7 was great fun – had what felt like a fast run and as I crossed the finish line I looked up to see my mate’s bike flat across the track right in front of me. With hindsight I should’ve tried to ride over it but I grabbed the brakes and went OTB and managed to punch his chainring!! The GoPro footage is a little gory as my hand is stuck on there and leaves four clean teeth behind as I un-impaled it!!!

Turns out he’d hit the stump (possibly not the best thing to have in the middle of the track 2m after the finish line) and rag-dolled at high speed, thigh first into the tree.

One very dead leg and four perfect narrow wide holes in my finger but nothing is broken and we had an absolute ball.

I’ll upload some GoPro clips when I get some time.

What a way to pop our Enduro cherries.. Unsure much else could live up to it with first class vibe, organisation, trails, marshalls and fun!

We’ll be back…

philbert31
    Free Member

hels
    Free Member

I think you might have caused the biggest laugh at marshal control ob1. One of the marshals reported a rider with tape on him = send somebody up to check for tape down. Ian at the stop of seven pipes up “he didn’t have tape on him at the start so he must have picked it up on the stage”. Thanks, that’s really useful. Not sure why but we were rolling on the floor – I guess it broke the tension of a stressful day, which was nearly over !

Northwind

hughjayteens – Member

Northwind – was that you who was giving us a pep talk telling us how short the stage was compared with the EWS version and that we should be thankful?!!!

Aye, that was my recurring theme for the weekend! Lot of that at the bottom of stage 1 too, where usually you have to pedal it out all the way to the bottom through those endless up-down-right-hand-bends. Eddie Masters wasn’t too impressed hearing he’d done the Lite version of the pedal :mrgreen: Next day he comes up to me “Suppose you’re gonna tell me this stage is normally longer too” “Well funny you say that…” “Aw **** off!”.

jimmy

Ob1 (& Hels) – i remember you! You were one of the last after repairing that section of tape umpteen times already, i was past caring for it. The original break was very early on – a guy came round at the speed only the winner got away with, hit the root, over the bars down the steep hill. Looked bad, he got straight back up…

As for you, not alone in hitting that tree and not having energy to heave your bike a foot backwards up the hill! Felt for you, you describe it well ?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Northwind – was that you who was giving us a pep talk telling us how short the stage was compared with the EWS version and that we should be thankful?!!!

Aye, that was my recurring theme for the weekend! Lot of that at the bottom of stage 1 too, where usually you have to pedal it out all the way to the bottom through those endless up-down-right-hand-bends. Eddie Masters wasn’t too impressed hearing he’d done the Lite version of the pedal Next day he comes up to me “Suppose you’re gonna tell me this stage is normally longer too” “Well funny you say that…” “Aw **** off!”.

Well we found the Lite version GNAR enough for our first attempt! Might be dropping you a line for some off piste trail tips or possibly some advice on local guides in September when we plan to come back for a weekend of non-racing!

Northwind

They didn’t take out any gnar really, just less pedalling! There’s been gnarrerer days in the scottish series but mostly not really on purpose, more down to the weather.

Give us a shout any time, it’s an excuse for a ride!

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Tweedlove Intl Enduro course chat’ is closed to new replies.