Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)
  • Tweedlove Intl Enduro course chat
  • jimmy

I’m thinking of a late entry into next weekend’s enduro but waiting to see what the course is first. Will need to be on the hardtail so certain trails will take their toll more than others. Any insider info yet on what’s in and out?

BoardinBob

3 stages at Glentress

4 at Inners and Caberston (I reckon 2 at each)

At Glentress who knows. The new Cool Runnings trail could get a look in. Something down Janet’s Brae. I reckon they might re-use Boundary > Hush Hush > Deliverance. It’s only a half day so not a big one.

At Inners expect a downhill mashup from top to bottom for one stage. Only other stuff that would cause me any concern would be Too Hard For EWS and Pro-Spacker

At Caberston there’s a strong suggestion that Flat White will be used. Probably not on it’s own so something leading into it, maybe the top of Old School DH. Wolf Of Wall Street could be a good shout for the other.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My first Tweedlove event since King and Queen in 2012, Looking forward to it and bricking it in equal measure. I’ve only ever ridden WOWS once (tbh I’ve only ever ridden Golfie once, and never ridden the other side of the valley!) – it was in the wet and I struggled lots at the top.

BoardinBob

I’m just curious about how hard they’ll make it. Full EWS standard or a bit less. I’m praying I don’t have a seeded spot. Not sure what the criteria is for that, but there wasn’t an option to select G1 or G2, and I’d definitely prefer G2 given I’m riding liking an absolute donkey for the past few months

tom.nash

I am expecting a physical test of EWS calibre 🙂

bigjim

are any big guns confirmed as going yet? Apart from jimmy

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Jimmy no classed as a wee gun? 😆

BoardinBob

are any big guns confirmed as going yet? Apart from jimmy

I see Sam Hill is in Ireland for the EWS. Would be brilliant to see him here.

Northwind

Pretty sure I know two that’re in, and I know some of the top tips that definitely aren’t… But that’s all I’ve got. It’d be nice to have cool runnings in but it doesn’t really link into anything else without a stupid pedal, I think.

I’ve enjoyed watching predictions based on trailfairy work, nobody seems to have noticed that it’s impossible for both of the stages affected to be in the race 😆

mc
    Free Member

I hear there’s some big gun that’s an ambassador for some oval ring rubbish going to be there 😀

But I’m with NW on this. Speculation makes for good entertainment 😈

BoardinBob

Some potentially obvious names on the Eventbrite list??

Sam H(ill)
    Tracy M(oseley)
    Iago G(aray)
    Robin W(allner)
    Greg C(allaghan)
    Luke S(trobel)

balfa
    Free Member

Its a shame its not on this weekend when everything is bone dry. Looks like we’ll be back to rain again by Tuesday. At least I can leave the mud tyres on 🙂

Northwind

Ruaridh Cunningham, Innes Graham, Drew Carter. No Joe B? Lewis Buchanan’s on the list but injured. Tracey’s daughter!

Daniel P is presumably Dan P Carter, the bass player from A. And Max P is obviously Max Power. Strap in and feel the gees! I like this, not just course guesswork but human being guesswork too.

bigjim

Luke S(kywalker)
    Robin W(illiams)

jimmy

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Jimmy no classed as a wee gun?

So… I must know you?? Apologies if so, not by STW moniker clearly!

I’d heard Flat White wasn’t allowed to be used by the FC’s ruling (from a “reliable source”).

bigjim

I think there would be a large number of nasty crashes if flat white was in a race

mc
    Free Member

I’ve heard lots of things, doesn’t mean any are true.

I know what my money would be on, but I’ve not seen them mentioned yet.

Northwind

Now I know one for sure. Temptation… crushing… soul…

BoardinBob

Temptation… crushing… soul…

Is that a cryptic clue 😆

Northwind

Yep, they’re using the strava segment Big Daddy Williams Shoulda Bought A BFe

<I’ll be at glentress tomorrow, now I want to make a segment with this name down a random hillside. Anyone got a drone I can borrow?)

julzm
    Free Member

Any shouts for Nae Spleens at the golfie? It’s had a lot of work done on it recently……

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So… I must know you?? Apologies if so, not by STW moniker clearly!

STW Glen clova meet up years ago, then Laggan a few years ago!.

jimmy

Crikey, I’ve slept more than once since then (aka my memory is shit). I’ll remember with photos. Glen Clova was a great day, though!

stephenmacdonald43
    Free Member

I’ve heard flat white won’t be used, but not 100% smaller day on sat big day on sunday imo its got to be a finish on one of the inners dh bottom track with a crowd in the arena area would be cool. hope it rains its too dry

BoardinBob

The new trail at inners is fantastic. Please let that be in!

mc
    Free Member

I had quite a nice ride around GT today, and can have a good guess at what’s going to be in. If I’m right, Saturday is going to be far tougher than what most people expect and a good test of fitness 😈

Sunday will be far more gravity assisted, so as long as you can pedal to the top(s), the stages will be about braking as little as possible, and holding on. And possibly getting a little bit air 😀

I wish I could race it now 😕

BoardinBob

I’m right, Saturday is going to be far tougher than what most people expect and a good test of fitness

I’m expecting them to throw in the controversial stage that didn’t happen at the EWS last year. Not bothered about the length but me and BT just don’t click

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hmmm… Sounds interesting.

I’m now only doing the Saturday, as sunday is new puppy collection day! 😀

BoardinBob

Had a spin round Caberston and Inners on Saturday and Glentress yesterday. GT stages are obvious (I think) based on listed closures and what I rode. Not sure of order but I’m thinking

S1 = Boundary > Hush Hush > Deliverance

S2 = No More Ewok > Double X > The Bitch > Super Steep

S3 = Brown Trout > bit of Redemption climb > tarted up link trail > Mushroom Pie > Pie Run

Nice mix of tech and endurance.

Pro-spacker apparently in over at Inners so I’m guessing

Down Minch Climb > Pre-spacker > Pro-spacker

Then over to the DH stuff for a mish mash

I’m now only doing the Saturday

Hardly seems worth it 😕

kimbers

I wish I could race it now

I’m about to tell them I can’t make it 🙁 so if you’re on the waiting list you might get lucky

Northwind

Your stage 1 and 3 use the same bit of trail, one in stage and one in transition. Not saying it’s impossible but it’d be pretty unusual.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hardly seems worth it

Aye, might just bin it altogether.

BoardinBob

Your stage 1 and 3 use the same bit of trail, one in stage and one in transition

I’m guessing you’re thinking about the section after Brown Trout on the redemption climb? I thought about that. They don’t have to use the same bit of trail. After you’ve down redemption up to the mega steep climb up to the fire road, turn right and go up the fire road and it takes you to the start of Brown Trout. I think my S2 and S3 will be switched around

Northwind

Ah, that’s quite clever. Also, you can do laps of broon troot! What’s that road like to ride?

BoardinBob

What’s that road like to ride?

Easy fireroad all the way

Northwind

Cheers, good one to know, that one.

Northwind

Good call on that fire road 😀 I couldn’t understand how the work we’d been doing slotted together but that was the trick. Neil’s been telling little fibs too, cheeky!

I’m running/starting stage 6 so I was pretty glad to find it starts at prespacker not at the top of the bloody minch 😆 Means riders won’t be as shattered when they get to the steeps too so hopefully I won’t have to bury any bodies either. Long day for everyone…

bigjim

Tough course! As it should be!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Surprised there’s no finish down Janet’s brae. From a spectator perspective (which is all I’ll be this year) it was great to be able to park in town and easily walk between expo and stages.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Tweedlove Intl Enduro course chat’ is closed to new replies.