• This topic has 77 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Tweed Love GT7 Roll call
  • fasthaggis

Who’s looking forward to next weekend then ?

🙂

jwr

Can’t wait – should be a good’un

fasthaggis

jwr

Team or solo ?

jwr

Racing as a pair. First event in about 10 years – so should be interesting! How about you?

fasthaggis

Solos .
    Third time for 3 of us and one newbie ( but he is as fit as 🙄 )
    This event has taken the place of 10UTB for us ,great fun .
    We have also managed to get a mancave Wigwam ,which means we should be (hopefully) right on the course 🙂

First event in about 10 years

,good effort.
    Just pace it out and enjoy 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

Not making it this year. My partner has pulled out due to absolutely zero training 🙁

Great event last time, tough tough course, but great atmosphere and well marshalled/organised.

jwr

We’re aspiring to be average. Seven laps between us would be great, eight would be fantastic. We’ll see how things pan out.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Yup, in. First time doing it so looking forward to it.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Aye, doing it as a three.

New batch of homebrew will be ready for it, so might be beers between laps!

bigjim

Yep, going to try and defend last year’s win of the super-niche mixed senior pairs category. Fairly unlikely but you never know…

jonny-m
    Free Member

Doing it solo for te first time. Making a long weekend of it. Any idea on course length/climbing etc For those that’s done it before is it particularly tough on tyres, ridden other seven stanes but never Glentress. Presuming there all similar. I’m guessing not the kind of place for thin tlr tyres?

bigjim

Its a pretty short lap with quite a bit of climbing, I’m not fast and think a lap for me was about 50 mins last year, I’m sure the racing snakes were quite a bit faster. Last year’s course included fire road, rooty ‘natural’ singletrack ie footpath, trail centre surface, and a field. Climbs are mostly fire road and descent mostly singletrack, which makes passing on the downs pretty frustrating, but a fun blast of a descent if you get a clear run. I’m sure the xc folks run silly light tyres but I just run my usual ‘summer’ tyres.

Northwind

For reasons not completely clear to me I’m soloing. Obviously the ideal preparation is to do no training, then sell your cross country bike 2 weeks before.

@jonny m, I don’t know this year’s course but traditionally it doesn’t use that much of the trailcentre, which isn’t hard on tyres really anyway- not the rockiest hill. Full on XC tyres should be fine though there does tend to be some natural sections that punish anything too slippery if it’s wet (I crashed 3 times in about 100 yards one year, I’m dead good at racing)

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Doing it on my usual 150mm bike with big tyres, though I might pump them up a bit. Not expecting any records to be broken in fairness.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

I test rode the GT7 course last night, it’s looking great. Good luck and have fun, everyone.

br
    Free Member

If anyone has had their partner drop out and needs a sub, PM me. 🙂

Did it last year as a sub, and live nearby.

ojom
    Free Member

In a 3. I guess it’s time to start training…

ivnickkate
    Free Member

ojom plenty of time yet….remember gravity is your co-pilot 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

Zero training – I’ll be collapsing round again. Rode the course last Sunday – looking forward to it 🙂

Br – it’s about time you paid for an entry 😉

yacoby
    Free Member

Doing it as a pair.

I have two exams next week, one of which is on the 23rd. And haven’t ridden a MTB in 2 months. I imagine I will spend most of the climbs pushing up and bitching about them 😛

Bit more worried about dying on the descents. Had some pretty big crashes towards the end of the race last time. Should be fun though.

(Also if anyone is going from Edinburgh with a space in a car lmk)

grey

I’ll be volunteering at it, see you all there.

Clover

Yey, I’m doing it! Have had a stupid ‘go to bed and don’t move for three days’ cold so that’s put paid to any last minute training. Last ride was the Dyfi Enduro 😳

7 hours? Hmm, hopefully someone will chat to me every now and then as that’s quite a while…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

How do some of you know what the course is?

bigjim

local knowledge I guess! Some EWS course rumours going around now too.

is it the same as last years course? the descent is a walkers path so not too sure a bunch of people blatting down that this weekend would be a great idea.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

hi yourguitarhero,

the organiser needed a time/distance for the course, based on an average, unskilled unfit rider, oh that’ll be me then 🙂

ivnickkate
    Free Member

hi yourguitarhero,

the organiser needed a time/distance for the course, based on an average, unskilled unfit rider, oh that’ll be me then 🙂

Diane
    Free Member

Coz we iz special 😀

Northwind

I just want to know one thing… After 15 minutes in each lap, will we suddenly realise we’ve climbed up about 10 feet? That was such a mean trick last time…

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi Northwind, we’ve put a tunnel under the ponds so that we can increase the amount of mean trickery……. 😉

Hi D, see you soon. C

vinny666
    Free Member

Solo. First time I have ridden the event. Quite worried about the amount of climbing that a few of you have mentioned!

br
    Free Member

Solo. First time I have ridden the event. Quite worried about the amount of climbing that a few of you have mentioned!

Last year was a great course for me, basically you climbed to above Buzzard’s and then descended – felt right for my head 🙂

ivnickkate
    Free Member

It’s not the climbing that you should be worried about 😯

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi Vinny, Seriously though. The climbing doesn’t appear to be as brutal as in previous years. I rode the course again tonight. Very nice. Hope to see you on race day.

vinny666
    Free Member

Rode Mayhem last year at Gatcombe Park and to be honest the hills were to brutal for me. However can’t wait for Saturday, first event of the year. Also first time I have ridden in the area. Do you know if the course will be open on Friday to have a spin round?

tpbiker
    Free Member

BR – My partner dropped out, but then I hadn’t actually entered! But if you can enter on the day I might be interested…i’m not the quickest however!

Northwind

It is a natural law- week before an XC race? Northwind crashes and ****s himself up 😳 Fingers crossed now!

onehundredthidiot

Damn thought I had another week to find some fitness.

fasthaggis

Bike ..Check
    Body ..Check
    Fuel ..Check
    Mind ..Processing..processing..processing..processing

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XNWA_yZvWo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Northwind

Got back on a bike this morning. Ow. 50/50 whether riding or marshalling I reckon!

chriswilk
    Free Member

solo for me, 3rd time.
    Bit of local knowledge and guesswork me-thinks the course is a bit shorter this year with a new descent that will cause lots punctures and maybe crashes for the XC whippets.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Tweed Love GT7 Roll call’ is closed to new replies.