Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • TV/HiFi Gurus: Media streamer-type thing, or just external HD?
  • willard

My dad is planning on spending a large amount of time in front of his new TV in the upcoming months and I’m looking to try and get him as many films from my DVD collection as possible to try and make that process enjoyable.

His TV is new and has a bundle of connectors at the back to allow HDMI devices, USB devices, live streaming, that sort of thing, so connectivity should not be a problem for some sort of device to hold films, but my big question is _what sort_ of device?

I could just get him a big hard disk in an external box, connect it over USB to the back and let him browse the films that way, but I have no idea how good the built-in player is for that sort of thing. Otherwise, I could get him something like a sling box or an AppleTV, but I have no idea whether it would work for just films that exist digitally. He’s also not that good with technology so something complicated might not get used.

What would the great STW collective recommend?

footflaps

The simplest solution is HD into back of TV then everything works off the TV menu and one remote control.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘TV/HiFi Gurus: Media streamer-type thing, or just external HD?’ is closed to new replies.