Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • TV – what to watch next.
  • dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Ok, so Breaking Bad is drawing to a close. Sons of Anarchy has started again but that’s just once a week at the moment.

Waiting for the new Game of Thrones. Started watching Boardwalk Empire and House of Cards but the wife wasn’t that into them. Have pretty much watched most of Dexter. Perhaps not the last couple of seasons but ran out of energy with that.

What else is good?

peterfile
    Free Member

The Killing
    The Walking Dead
    The Wire
    Homeland
    Firefly
    Shackleton
    Prisonbreak

toby1

Mad men is the only other thing I watch that you haven’t seen in here yet.

jekkyl

The good life?
    felicity kendal would defo get it. That episode where they went to bed at sunset and they took a load of board games to bed because they thought they’d get bored. Tom! come on man look at your wife, she’s smoking, get on it!

iolo
    Free Member

True Blood

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Agents of Shield
    Starts on the 27th Sept on C4.

seadog101

Parks and Recreation.

The funniest thing to come out of HBO in a long time. Currently working through S4, and having to ration it to 2 shows a night.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

The Killing – Shall check it out.
    The Walking Dead – Seen it
    The Wire – Seen it, wife couldn’t understand what they were saying!
    Homeland – Waiting for the next one.
    Firefly – Wife loves it, I’m a bit meh
    24 – Perhaps.
    Shackleton – Haven’t heard of this, will try it.
    Prisonbreak – I watched it, loath as I am to admit it.

I watched the first couple of Mad Men, does it get better?

True Blood, isn’t that rather cheesy? I think the wife has shown me some.

peterfile
    Free Member

Shackleton – Haven’t heard of this, will try it.

It’s only 2 x 2 hour episodes, but great viewing if you’re into that sort of thing.

The Killing – Shall check it out.

You need to give it time to bond with the characters. I was a bit meh until I’d watched half a dozen episodes, then it’s very very engaging. I watched the American take on the Danish original, mainly because it received such good reviews.

Jamie
    Free Member

Top Boy which finished last week was very good.

I have been very self controlled with Breaking Bad. Will have the whole season to bang through once the finale has aired. It’s going to be a fun weekend.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Top Boy which finished last week was very good.

I have been very self controlled with Breaking Bad. Will have the whole season to bang through once the finale has aired. It’s going to be a fun weekend.

The will be a very harrowing weekend!!

Yeah saw Top boy a while ago. Was good but I’m quite easily pleased with that sort of thing.

kimbers

true blood is worth it a bit cheesey but enjoyable

Justified is excellent
    as is the Shield
    Deadwood
    Battle Star Galactica

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Did anyone watch “The Returned” what that was on C4? Wicked little series. Oh wait, of course people did. I commented on a thread on here about it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Justified is excellent

He just loves killing people…

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I’ve seen the first couple of Justifieds. Quite liked it, I just forgot to get any more episodes!

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah saw Top boy a while ago

A while ago? You referring to season 1 or 2? Season 2 only finished a couple of weeks back.

back2basics
    Free Member

Under the Dome!

Jamie
    Free Member

As an aside, am I the only one who sacked off The Walking Dead? Got halfway through season 1, and just thought it was stupid. Or, to be more descriptive, felt all the family exposition bullshit got in the way of the zombie fun times.

….that and Andrew Lincoln’s accent 😡

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Ah ok. Season 1!!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Get out and ride more?

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I did really enjoy The Walking Dead but it certainly had it’s peaks and troughs.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Bike is beyond dead. Moving to Morzine in 2 months so not planning on replacing it for a little while. Plus, this is just for a couple of hours to wind down before bed. You can’t ride all the time!!

peterfile
    Free Member

Get out and ride more?

Says the man posting on a cycling forum on the interweb. Shouldn’t you be out riding? 🙂

Do people often nip out for a ride at 10pm in the middle of winter?

Jamie
    Free Member

Get out and ride more?

/sigh

xiphon
    Free Member

Borgen
    The Bridge
    Forbrydelson
    Arne Dahl

hammyuk
    Free Member

Warehouse 13 is hysterical
    Lost Girl for some “lovely views” 😉
    SHIELD looks like its going to be good.

toby1

Mad men is a very slow burner, but the more you watch it the more absorbed you become. Took me till S2 to really care about anyone/anything in it.

Agents of Shield will be great it’s Wheddon playing with characters and Superheros.

If I cycle home from work (everyday) can I treat myself with some TV please?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Orange is the new Black was very good.
    And it’s on Netflix.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

We watched the first Orange is the new black. It seemed very much to be written by 40 year old women, for 40 year old women. Perhaps I need to give it more time, it just dragged a lot!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Southland is excellent
    Top boy

mogrim

As an aside, am I the only one who sacked off The Walking Dead? Got halfway through season 1, and just thought it was stupid. Or, to be more descriptive, felt all the family exposition bullshit got in the way of the zombie fun times.

Enjoyed the first series, but not enough to be bothered to watch the second.

OP: The first season of Heroes was quite good if you haven’t seen it.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Go with it, give it a couple of episodes.
    I’m a 46 year old…..man, and I loved it.

Think of it as like Scum but wiv wimminz 😉

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Haha fair enough Feefoo, I’ll give it some more time.

Yeah the first series of Heroes was good, the second…..ok. The third? I don’t think I finished it.

As an aside, I smoked a lot of ganja at uni so have seen most shows that came out or were prevalent around 2004 – 2008!!

z1ppy

Warehouse 13 lost it way, and it wasn’t even serious to start with, very much like A town call Eureka, well ok that was cheesy rubbish from the start.

Jamie, I got about 3 episodes into Walking Dead before I gave up shouting at the TV for them to stop being so ****ing stupid. Got the comic books (pdf’s) and couldn’t even finish them, as I was still shouting…

Person of interest – ok it’s just an updated Equalizer but I like it.
    Justified – he doesn’t like kill ppl, just enjoys filling them with HOT LEAD! (& Boyd’s just ace)

Oldies:
    Better off Ted – just search it out, I loved this show.
    Battlestar Galatica – a proper proper Sci-Fi show with a little bit of god bothering
    House – I don’t care, I thought it was brilliant
    Big Bang Theory – I’ve never watched a series but can sit down and watch any episode and enjoy it

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve really enjoyed Ray Donovan, not entirely sure why but I’m hooked.

Braqo (spelling?) is ace.

Loved the Shield when it was on. Loads of people liked Hannibal but I never could get into it.

The nerd in me is quite fond of Falling Skies too (my other half hates it).

Jamie
    Free Member

If I cycle home from work (everyday) can I treat myself with some TV please?

I hope you posted that message while riding your bike…or THERE WILL BE TROUBLE!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘TV – what to watch next.’ is closed to new replies.