Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • TV programs for the kids…
  • eulach

What’s any good from the last couple of years? We don’t live in England so I miss out on what’s current (Round the Twist and Eerie Indiana are good but they’re a bit dated now). Series or one offs, the children are 7 and 10.
    Thanks STW.

hols2
    Free Member

Hilda

kcr
    Free Member

Horrible Histories. Also good for adults.

hatter

Anything David Attenborough, ours are utterly transfixed by it.

mark90
    Free Member

Currently my two (5 and 12) like The Repair Shop, Eat Well for Less, and The Planets.

chakaping
    Free Member

My kids are currently loving the Powerpuff Girls on Netflix.

New Dangermouse is also pretty decent (not as good as old one, but you can get that on there too).

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Eat Well for Less

weird kids

just give them the remote, they’ll seek out their own stuff

mark90
    Free Member

weird kids

just give them the remote, they’ll seek out their own stuff

Yes, yes they are. They ask to watch it.

They also watch more age appropriate TV too.

cb

Naomi’s nightmares of nature. Good for dad, good for kids.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

My 8 year old daughter loves watching the re-runs of Buffy. I thought they might be a bit scary for her but she really likes them and they are quite brilliantly written.

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc is also a hidden gem – don’t be fooled into think that it’s anything like the originals; there’s even an episode where Scooby plays the role of Nico in a pastiche of The Velvet Underground. Loads of other moments like that which must be way over the heads of the general audience.

JP

ctk
    Free Member

My kids (6&8) love Diddy TV & Horrible Histories on CBBC and anything Lego ie Lego Star Wars, Lego Jurassic Park etc.

chamboshammer
    Free Member

The best series we’ve watched recently are:

Gravity Falls (great over arching storyline and subtle links with Rick and Morty if that floats your boat)

Star Wars Rebels (again great arch and a few blasts from the past along the way)

petrieboy

Mine are 8 and 10. Obviously anything with David Attenborough, Brian cox or Steve backshaw but in addition to that We enjoy “inside the factory” with Greg Wallace and “ghosts” on bbc3

SaxonRider

Ray Mears’ “How the West Was Won”. My 11 year old is transfixed by it.

As for Horrible Histories: they’re, well, horrible.

SammyC
    Free Member

My two (7 & 11) are obsessed with Trollhunters on Netflix at the moment. I say moment but it’s been like a year or so which is usually a good sign.

twistedpencil

Shaun the Sheep, many years of joy. Occasionally put on when the kids aren’t here…

johndoh
    Free Member

Another vote for Horrible Histories but my two (just turned 10) and all their friends love Creeped Out on BBC too.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

currently on rotation;

horrible histories
    doctor who
    teen titans
    gravity falls

the last two are a bit of a brain free zone

moonsaballoon

My boy really liked the bear grylls thing on Netflix where you choose what he does next , of course we made him eat poo 💩😀

pocpoc
    Free Member

Current regular on our TV is Little Lunch on netflix.
    Got to admit I also find it quite amusing. Especially when it can appeal to 4, 7 and 9 year olds all at the same time.

DickBarton

Octonauts…I still watch them on iplayer…

yetidave
    Free Member

Little lunch is good first time round, by the third or forth viewing it loses its appeal, my girls like the Mako Mermaid thing. We watched Ghosts (iplayer) together, not sure if it was aimed at kids just because it was made by the HH bunch.

euain

Good Omens (Prime) was a favourite with mine. Wee bit older than yours but might work.

andrewreay

Operation Ouch on CBBC
    Modern Family on Sky / 20th C Fox

Cletus

My Little Pony

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘TV programs for the kids…’ is closed to new replies.