Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • TV prize draws – would you?
  • rascal
    Free Member

A pretty tempting prize on the ITV4 TDF highlights programme.
    £10k plus a Cannondale Super Six worth £6k and £1k of vouchers.
    A £1.50 text has to worth a punt – no?
    I never win a bloody thing – ever – so probably futile.
    You entered anything like this and been a winner?
    Guessing there won’t be much of a show of hands 😕

robowns
    Free Member

My mum won £17k on Richard and Judy about 15 years ago so it can be done.

rascal
    Free Member

That was £17k too!
    It’s a sign – I’m gonna do it! 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Let’s put it like this – they don’t do prize draws to lose money

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I used to work for a radio station. Prizes tended to be donated by companies looking for exposure so didnt cost us money and attracted listeners so we gave away lots however most comps had surprisingly few entrants as most people think “it will never be me…” I enter quite a few because of this, won some 5.10s recently…

milky1980
    Free Member

After the comp-rigging scandal a few years ago ITV also should offer a free entry route too, usually by logging onto their website. They no longer put the question on it now so you have to watch the programme to know the answer but you don’t have to pay to enter anymore.

There’s hoardes of bored housewives who enter loads of these an win quite a few so worth a shot!

garage-dweller

I’ve entered the ITV4 TDF one.

The Boardman one in week one would have been a great win … N+3 and enough cash to replace Mrs g-d’s aging car and a family holiday next year. Why wouldn’t you take a punt for £1.50? 😀

jekkyl
    cakefacesmallblock

Yes. For sure.

I’ve won stuff before. Not via tv prize draws, granted.

A dropper post in a like n share.

Massive box of Lego when I was 9 ( some years ago now, err hem ).

Missus won £900 on the lottery.

Bottle of cheap sherry in the works Christmas raffle.

mark90
    Free Member

After the comp-rigging scandal a few years ago ITV also should offer a free entry route too, usually by logging onto their website

Seems there is no free online option, just the postal option, so only the cost of a second class stamp.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

It does happen, I won a 2 week skiing holiday, full board and £1k spending money in French Alps, Valloire.

zilog6128

Got to be better odds than the lottery! Question is, £1.50 for 1 go or £3 for 3?!

cudubh

Typically I won a weeks training camp in a prize draw at a triathlon but you needed to be present at the prize giving to get this and knowing I wasn’t troubling the podium I had gone off home so they redrew it and somebody else won. Never mind, I console myself with the thought that Mrs CD would have been pretty upset if I said I was off on my own for a week’s training in the sun.

the-muffin-man

Do the postal entries just get chucked in a corner of the office!?

stumpy01

stevemuzzy – Member

I used to work for a radio station. Prizes tended to be donated by companies looking for exposure so didnt cost us money and attracted listeners so we gave away lots however most comps had surprisingly few entrants as most people think “it will never be me…” I enter quite a few because of this, won some 5.10s recently…

I have always wondered this about certain prize draws – does everyone think “there’ll be no point entering”, so you actually have quite a good chance.

My wife rang a local radio station once to get into a free prize draw at a ‘rat pack’ tribute evening with dinner & booze in the local area & was amazed when she got a call, saying she’d been picked.
    It ended up being a great night out (although probably not as good as a 2 week skiing holiday or £17k cash as above!!)

I’ve entered one of the gadget show text things to win tons of gadget stuff, most of which I imagine would go on ebay…..and I also entered a competition to win a restored car (can’t remember what it was now – might have been a 911) that was on Fifth Gear, I think….

maccruiskeen

When I was a kid my mum won a £2000 holiday voucher in a ‘write a slogan compitiion’ which we spent on our first ever foreign holiday – a winter sun break to Tunisia. We arrived just in time for the start of the 1983 bread riots and the imposition of a national state of emergency and spent most of our time there under curfew in the hotel watching tanks roll past. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

The only prize I can see resulting from texting the number will be a continuous stream of spam texts and calls.

FuzzyWuzzy

Doing obscure local radio ones is probably worth it in terms of chances but the big TV program ones will have tens of thousands of entries, they run at a big profit. Ofc someone’s got to win so if you have the spare cash it could be worth a punt (just remember to opt out of marketing texts…).

jambalaya
    Free Member

I won a Vespa scooter – it was baby blue 😳

Why not enter, yes they make a profit but who cares really ? The National Lottery makes a profit.

zilog6128

The only prize I can see resulting from texting the number will be a continuous stream of spam texts and calls.

end the text with NO INFO. (Says this on the telly but written small obviously!) If you neglected that step yes I’m sure you’d get bombarded with crap!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I do the Tour ones, and things like the ones they have on road.cc occasionally. You’ve got to be in it to win it, as the saying goes, and for about 30 seconds effort and some pocket change why wouldn’t you?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘TV prize draws – would you?’ is closed to new replies.