Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • TV License Nazis?
  • GNARGNAR
    Free Member

For the last ten years I’ve successfully avoided paying my TV license. I move around a lot, and Im naturally suspicious of unannounced callers to my door. Recently though I slipped up – while buying a telly at curry’s I gave my name, when asked as you do. Foolishly I gave my real name. Lo and behold a few days later I received a threatening letter from the Tv License Nazis informing me they’d received details from currys plc that I had purchased tv receiving equipment.

That’s the last correspondence I recieved from them (they still send threats to the two previous occupants of my house) but……twice now I’ve heard suspicious knocking at my door in the evening in the last month or so. Roughly around the same time. I haven’t seen the person as I wont go to the door as Im afraid I’ll get served with some sort of demand.

My question is this – what powers do these people have and how do they go about gathering info? Could they for example get info from the dmv as to who my car is registered to or the like? I dont really know much about them but Im not keen to fork out £100 to the f****ing BBC.

Stoner
    Free Member

1) it’s LicenCe
    2) info here on Licencing laws, rights and Authority rights. http://www.jifvik.org/tv/jewell.htm
    3) if you’re watching live broadcast without a licence you are theiving maggot. If you just watch DVDs and iPlayer prerecorded shows without one then you are a liberated individual.

aP
    Free Member

They’ll get a court order and gain entrance at some point.
    I have nothing further of interest to say.

ps Mods – can we get that “Nothing of interest to say” filter back please as I liked it.

Stoner
    Free Member

aP – they can only gain entry on the presentatino of a warrant. That warrant will only be granted by a magistrate following presentatio of sufficient evidence to the court by the authority. Proof of ownership of a TV but no licence isnt sufficient – they will need proof of watching live broadcast (very difficult to obtain). the vast majority of fines are issued to people who confess to watching live broadcast without a licence, not because they have been proven to.

mrchrispy

For the last ten years I’ve successfully avoided paying my Car Tax. I move around a lot, and Im naturally suspicious of unannounced callers to my door. Recently though I slipped up – while buying a car I gave my name, when asked as you do. Foolishly I gave my real name. Lo and behold a few days later I received a threatening letter from the DVLA Nazis informing me they’d received details when I purchased said car.

That’s the last correspondence I recieved from them, but……twice now I’ve heard suspicious knocking at my door in the evening in the last month or so. Roughly around the same time. I haven’t seen the person as I wont go to the door as Im afraid I’ll get served with some sort of demand.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just tell them that yes, you bought a telly, but it was a present for someone – eg your mother. Or, if you know someone else who hasn’t a TV license and you don’t like them, give them their name ! 😯

If they come round and knock on your door, just open the door and tell them that you don’t have a telly. If they ask you whether they can come in a check, just say : “No – now fcukoff”. Without a search warrant (and they won’t have one) there is nothing which they can do.

Mind you, I think you’re a low-life for not paying your TV license and being a free rider 🙁

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

toner – Member
    1) it’s LicenCe
    2) info here on Licencing laws, rights and Authority rights. http://www.jifvik.org/tv/jewell.htm
    3) if you’re watching live broadcast without a licence you are theiving maggot. If you just watch DVDs and iPlayer prerecorded shows without one then you are a liberated individual.

Pardon my dicksexia and thank you for edumucating me. You may think I am thieving maggot, I regard myself as having an objection to funding the BBC. Given the choice of paying the licence or not receiving BBC programming how many would stump up considering the options offered by sky, virgin, bt etc?

ziggy
    Free Member

First off don’t expect any sympathy if you shold have a valid licence.

However TV licencing bods are indeed asshats of the highest order.

I did live without a TV for nearly a year, they would not desist from sending the same old letters even though I phoned and wrote to them on numerous occasions.

I then invited them round to see for themselves, and they managed to not turn up.

They however usually need to see or hear a TV at your residence before they can obtain a court order, however I do hope you get caught. What if we all adopted the same policy? How do you think the BBC would make programmes to watch then?

What I would like to see though is an opt out policy, can’t see how it’s workable though.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Just pay it you numpty.

Hope you get a decent fine for it.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

ziggy – What if we all adopted the same policy? How do you think the BBC would make programmes to watch then?

What I would like to see though is an opt out policy, can’t see how it’s workable though.

Advertising. Like every other network. I am so switched off to them now I barely pay heed on the other channels so I wouldnt give a flying f*** if there were adds on the bbc. The vast majority, if not all of it’s output is shite. Regional progs in particular.

I am not in the habit of automatically doing something just because everyone else does. I pay my taxes like every other bastard. I should have the right choose whether I want to pay for the BBC or not. A simple solution would be a sky package with BBC blocked. I’d be happy with that.

Drac

Troll.

GrahamS

Given the choice of paying the licence or not receiving BBC programming how many would stump up considering the options offered by sky, virgin, bt etc?

I would for one.

I would be VERY VERY surprised if you are living in the UK not consuming BBC (or Channel 4) content in some form or another.

ziggy
    Free Member

Thanks but i’d rather not have adverts on the Beeb, you would then also end up with all that shite the others do, Big Bro, celebrity cockend etc.

ourmaninthenorth

For the last ten years I’ve successfully avoided paying my income tax. I move around a lot, and Im naturally suspicious of unannounced callers to my door. Recently though I slipped up – while taking a new job I gave my name, when asked as you do. Foolishly I gave my real name. Lo and behold a few days later I received a threatening letter from the HM Revenue & Customs Nazis informing me they’d received details from my employer that I had an income.

That’s the last correspondence I recieved from them (they still send threats to the two previous occupants of my house) but……twice now I’ve heard suspicious knocking at my door in the evening in the last month or so. Roughly around the same time. I haven’t seen the person as I wont go to the door as Im afraid I’ll get served with some sort of demand.

My question is this – what powers do these people have and how do they go about gathering info? Could they for example get info from the dmv as to who my car is registered to or the like? I dont really know much about them but Im not keen to fork out £1000s to the f****ing NHS.

Better troll?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The vast majority, if not all of it’s output is shite.

LOL ! So you’re a comedian as well ! 😯 😀

(as well as a “low-life & free rider” btw)

Flaperon

Don’t worry, I have it on good authority that they’re working on a new system that stabs you in the eye with a sharp object if you try watching Doctor Who without a licence.

will
    Free Member

Just pay it, only £120. Free riding isn’t cool!

GrahamS

ourmaninthenorth, try this one:

“For the last ten years I’ve successfully avoided paying for my electricity by simply stealing it from my neighbours…”

Hairychested
    Free Member

Get the f’ing wallet out and pay it!

GrahamS

A simple solution would be a sky package with BBC blocked. I’d be happy with that.

And all fifty of the BBC radio stations blocked on your radio?
    And all 240 of the BBC websites blocked on your PC?
    And all BBC content removed from all other channels?
    And additional adverts inserted into your unsubsidised versions of Channel Four/More4/E4/FilmFour etc?

ourmaninthenorth

GrahamS, how about

“For the last ten years I’ve successfully avoided paying for my goat p*rn by simply pimping out my youngest child…”

Too much?

bland

They generall just make you pay up on a quarterly basis there and then with a card, its easier for them to do that than take you to court.

I thought only students were “exempt”!

waihiboy
    Free Member

1-10

CountZero

GNARGNAR, at risk of seeming to be rude, you’re an ignorant tw@. You do NOT have a license to fund the Beeb, you have a licence to have a TV receiver. Even if the Beeb had adverts you’d still need a licence. Do you honestly think the government would give up the revenue? There is loads of decent programming on the various BBC channels, just as there is on 4, Five, etc. If you’re prepared to actually look for it, that is. FWIW, the thought of the BBC going commercial terrifies me. Can you imagine any commercial channel running a station like 6Music? Not a chance in hell! It would be shut down as being not viable and we would be left with nothing but turgid top-forty crap. The same goes for the likes of Later.. Would ITV continue a programme as good as this is? I think not. You’re just a sponging free-loader, and it’ll bite you in the ass soon, I hope.

Keef
    Free Member

BBC are a bunch of ****,oh and so are the Government,in case you hadn’t noticed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Troll.

Yep, I’m with Drac…it’s got the t word written all over it this one has

noteeth
    Free Member

The BBC has David Attenborough.

Nuff said.

hora
    Free Member

Upto 2004 I didnt pay for a TV licence. The world is full of evil people. Give the OP a break.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

For the last ten years I’ve successfully avoided paying my child support. I move around a lot, and Im naturally suspicious of unannounced callers to my door. Recently though I slipped up – while sh@ggin a bird at curry’s I gave her my name, when asked as you do. Foolishly I gave my real name. Lo and behold a nine months later I received a threatening letter from the child support Nazis informing me they’d received details from the old slapper that I had impregnated her receiving equipment.

That’s the last correspondence I recieved from them (they still send threats to the two previous occupants of my house) but……twice now I’ve heard suspicious knocking at my door in the evening in the last month or so. Roughly around the same time. I haven’t seen the person as I wont go to the door as Im afraid I’ll find a kid in a basket.

My question is this – what powers do these people have and how do they go about gathering info? Could they for example get info from the dmv as to who my car is registered to or the like? I dont really know much about them but Im not keen to fork out thousands for the next f****ing 16 years.

noteeth
    Free Member

For the last ten years I’ve successfully avoided praying. I move around a lot, and Im naturally suspicious of unannounced evangelical callers to my door. Recently though I slipped up – while chatting up an amorous nun, I gave my name, when asked as you do. Foolishly I gave my real name. And Lo and behold a few days later I received a threatening pamphlet from the Church of the Later-on-in-the-Day Saints informing me they’d received details from an outraged priest that I had purchased confession receiving equipment and a wimple.

That’s the last correspondence I recieved from them (they still send threats to the two previous occupants of my house) but……twice now I’ve heard suspicious knocking on heaven’s door in the evening in the last month or so. Roughly around the same time. I haven’t seen the person as I wont go to the door as Im afraid I’ll get served with some sort of bread and/or communion wine.

My question is this – what earthly powers do these people have and how do they go about gathering souls? Could they for example get info from the dmv as to what my spiritual belief system is, or the like? I dont really know much about theology but Im not keen to fork out £100 to the f****ing Church roof repair fund.

MrNutt
    Free Member

how wonderful!

Speshpaul

hora – Member
    Upto 2004 I didnt pay for a TV licence

Surprised? Not!

Grow up and pay up!

ridingscared
    Free Member

All the b8llocks about the TV people knowing where you are and all that is just hot air.I was threatened by them because I bought a telly and my partner had the licence (different names) -they cannot cross reference and did not like me pointing it out to them when I refused to tell them who held the licence at my address.

ourmaninthenorth

For the last ten years I’ve successfully avoided spaying. I move around a lot, and Im naturally suspicious of unannounced callers to my door. Recently though I slipped up – while loitering in the local vet’s I gave my name, when asked as you do. Foolishly I gave my real name. Lo and behold a few days later I received a threatening letter from the Royal Society for the Protection of Cats Nazis informing me they’d received details from vets that I had purchased spaying equipment.

My question is this – what powers do these people have and how do they go about gathering info? Could they for example get info from the dmv as to who my cat is registered to or the like? I dont really know much about them but Im not keen to fork out £100 for vet spaying my f***ing cat.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Weeeell………interesting. I particularly like the cat spaying analogy. As for the vitriol, do you really think I give a toss? It’s teh internet for christ’s sake. I’ll probably get caught and pay eventually, then you can all throw a party in honour of the fact that one more person became part of the collective and the beeb can use the money on a silken cloth to buff Gary Linekers’s nut sack. Until then I’ll try and feed myself and heat the house.

I still maintain it’s bollox, as is the beeb’s content. Someone made reference to not paying car tax, another income tax . Car tax and income tax are scaleable. If you dont pay your road tax you can still cycle on the road. You can choose to drive a small car with a small engine and pay virtually zero road tax or a large car with a large engine and pay a fortune. It’s not simply one blanket tax. Similarly with income tax we aren’t all taxed the same amount.

The “tv tax” should also be flexible based on usage.

As for all your backs, and they way you’ve gotten them up, settle down. I couldn’t give a **** if I found out a random stranger on the net wasnt paying road tax – he’s risking getting towed. And if he does, big whoop.

I’ll just go back to my cave now.

robdob
    Free Member

Don’t have a TV and start campaigning against the license fee if you don’t want to pay it. Breaking the law intentionally then bragging about it, harping on about how you don’t agree with it just makes you sound like an idiot.

If I broke into your house and nicked your bike(s), then in my defence argued that I didn’t believe that burglary should be classed as a crime, then what would you do?

You sound as bad as all the drivers who complain about getting speeding tickets from GATSO’s.

Numptys.

MartynS

The vast majority, if not all of it’s output is shite. Regional progs in particular.

however the people who make regional telly are generally all very good looking and athletic

twice now I’ve heard suspicious knocking at my door in the evening in the last month or so. Roughly around the same time. I haven’t seen the person as I wont go to the door as Im afraid I’ll get served with some sort of demand.

well if you’re afraid of being served with a demand, pay the licence fee

I find it hard to belive that people thing £35-£40 a month for a sky package is good value.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Why would I want to give money under duress to a business that propagates Israeli terrorist propaganda and refuses to support a humanitarian appeal on behalf of the victims? A business that offers me no entertainment approaching a level of quality I can find elsewhere, and no news I can trust for accuracy or impartiality now?

funkynick

I must be missing out on something on all the other channels if they are at a quality far higher than the Beebs…

So just what is this high quality programming that I am missing?

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Troll and freeloader. Utter **** too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘TV License Nazis?’ is closed to new replies.