Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 255 total)
  • Turning Bike Upside Down to Fix Punctures?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

not seeing much inspiring in yours

But I’m not throwing stones.

stgeorge

Top thread!

Scratched lock on collars would annoy me though!

Your worst nightmare 🙂

Always turn mine upside down – sometimes even when I haven’t got a puncture, just seems to happen!

terrahawk
    Free Member

Didn’t expect this thread to still be going when I got in from work. Any mention of Page 88 of Issue 73 yet?

yes

oh dear. There’s a picture of me in the latest mag with my bike upside down IN AN ABRASIVE QUARRY while I fix a puncture.

like I give a shite. FFS

parkesie
    Free Member

Cars are so much easier to work on upside down admitedly not changing wheels.

alpin
    Free Member

err… wow. shocking. etc.

nikk
    Free Member

How else would u play the drumkit?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-dOXUSVc6o&feature=player_embedded[/video]

nikk
    Free Member

nikk
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

**has brain haemorrhage**

brakes
    Free Member

**steals njee13’s bike and turns it upside down whilst he’s bleeding from the ears**

Bump ………….. Lol

Milkie
    Free Member

Turning bikes upside is turning up everywhere, other threads, in the newspapers…

identicalbutlighter
    Free Member

Clearly not enough people have read Flann O Brien’s excellent novel regarding cycling matters “The Third Policeman”.
    If as proposed in the book, cycling on bumpy roads leads to a mixing the atoms of yourself and your bike, then turning your bike upside down would be rather like standing half of yourself on your head to effect repairs.
    You wouldn’t do that would you?

fourbanger
    Free Member

I once had to resort to turning my motorbike upside down to get the rear wheel in. To be fair I had been riding through the night and it was about 5 in the morning. For anyone familiar with the Husaberg’s frame design, I did a good impression of one of the Red Arrows for the next 20 minutes, after I’d rebuilt the carb……

Bicycle goes upside down as and when required. Has to be on grass though.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I turn bikes upside down for a variety of maintenance tasks, have been doing so for about 40 years, and have never damaged anything because I only this this on soft ground, or some cardboard if I’m in the garage.

I’ll paraphrase Sheldon by saying this is based on my personal and professional experience and my own theories. If you disagree with them, I won’t call you an uneducated-**** or a moron, and I trust you will extend me the same courtesy.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 255 total)

The topic ‘Turning Bike Upside Down to Fix Punctures?’ is closed to new replies.