• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by LD.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Turner spares from US
  • LD
    Free Member

Anyone ordered anything lately, needing bushings for Burner rocker tip pivots. $50 seems expensive but bearable – the $52ish postage and packing however seems rather OTT. Anyone tried to argue this with them or found a cheaper way to get them? Need the full kit not just bushings.

136stu
    Free Member

That does seem expensive, looks like about £18 to send a small package the other way. I recently bought some decals from them, postage was £8.25 for an A4 envelope weighing a few grams.

sam_underhill

Last time I ordered internationally from them it was via a direct email conversation and it was noting like that. Might be worth dropping them an email.

davosaurusrex

I’ve got some bits and bobs from old Turner frames kicking about, all used but not too worn from memory. Will have a look if you want them FOC?

LD
    Free Member

Cool, will try that. Don’t like asking for discounts generally but in this case….

LD
    Free Member

davosaurusrex that would be awesome, lots of play at rocker tips so I think I need the full kit, bushings, inserts and seals. 2014 Burner.

TheGingerOne

I spoke with them direct on email from memory and got the postage cost down a fair bit, but it was still not good value unfortunately. Without a distributor in the U.K. we are a bit stuck unless you know the spec of what you need and know of an alternate supply.

Just found the email. Paid $60 in total for http://www.turnerbikes.com/bikes/dw-link-rocker-tip-pivot-rebuild-kit-2009/

LD
    Free Member

Thanks TGO, am currently in e-mail chat with DT himself so will see what he comes up with.

EhWhoMe

Aye..got stung with that last year for my burner..decided to buy 2 full sets to save post next time made it pricey but my burner eats dw pivots…my horst flux never wore the bushings in 8 years.

On my 4th set on the burner in 5 years.

Cant see turner going much longer so my burner is probably for sale

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Have you tried looking for a mainland Europe stockist?
    I bought some parts from a German bike shop for my 5 Spot (that was over six years ago)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Turner seems to have pretty much withdrawn from the world market, and seemed this way 3-4 years ago.

I decided to sell my Sultan on in part because spare availability was becoming a problem even back then. Happened to be a was ready for something more aggro too.

I was also pretty unhappy with the pretty dismissive assistance I received from the man himself over some pivot axle issues. It seemed that as soon as the carbon framed bearing equipped frames came out, support for older Ali frames with journal bushes was not interesting anymore.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

When I had a dw link turner I used to just phone them in the evening in the uk order stuff over with the card and they would post it. Never cost much in postage.
    For all the nylon dw link bushes I bought direct from igus uk would order about 12 of each size at a time. Weren’t to expensive like that.

davosaurusrex

Just had a quick look in the garage but no joy. Will have a proper look at the weekend but I now have a vague recollection that I might have given them to someone else a few years back…. will let you know

UK-FLATLANDER

NorthCountryBoy – Can you remember exactly which Igus bushes you need?

sparkerfix

Even their website seems broken now. They do seem to be disappearing with no bikes available at all, last time I looked  Shame, love the 5 spot but spares are becoming a pain. Maybe time to move on.

Andy

Following this. Need to replace bushes on my Sultan at some point.

LD
    Free Member

Been chatting to DT. He will post tracked etc for $40 which he is pushing or half that for first class, my risk. Bit torn as I usually don’t like to pay for insurance. Is the risk of lost in the post worth $20? Not the legendary customer service they were renowned for. Mind you never needed to contact US before in 15 years of Turner ownership.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi UK Flat I think I may have the size written in a note book, I do remember they are imperial sizes. I shall have a look.
    Regarding the service I know the spot was a good bike, I had a few and a Burner but these are 6/8 years old now. I cant imagine a lot of the manufacturers offer a lot of support for models that old.
    I had an issue with my RFX and DT sorted things out directly. It was as hassle free as anything could be wit ha customer / supplier in different countries and time zones.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

OK found the note book, half a page missing. I think I gave everything I had left over to a mate that had a spot.
    The top pivot bearing i have as WFI-0809-04 should bring you to this

https://www.igus.co.uk/Product/71

Im afraid I dont have details for the rest but i think the rocker tip bushes on the Burner are 1/2″ they are easy enough to measure.

davosaurusrex

Had a good look last night LD and no sign, sorry for getting your hopes up.

UK-FLATLANDER

Thanks

rone

I’ve ordered new few from igus before specific for my flux and czar.

Here are all the numbers:

JFI-0809-04 (clevis iirc)
    JFI-0809-08 (main pivot)
    JFI-1011-08 (DW for Czar)

It’s worth noting that the top hats don’t wear that much (having ordered 100s). But the stuff around it tends to wear more – such as the shafts and hardware as they rub against things.

Having said that swapping them is a no brainer and allows you to regrease and torque up properly.

Been chatting to DT. He will post tracked etc for $40 which he is pushing or half that for first class, my risk. Bit torn as I usually don’t like to pay for insurance. Is the risk of lost in the post worth $20? Not the legendary customer service they were renowned for. Mind you never needed to contact US before in 15 years of Turner ownership.

Seems to me he’s given you a decent solution?

When I order bits I double up with mates and order extra stuff too.

Shipping from USA is never going to be cheap. I’ve always done very well out of Turner. They have gone very quiet though.

LD
    Free Member

Thanks for checking dsx, much appreciated.
    Yep just need to take the plunge and order.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Turner spares from US’ is closed to new replies.