Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Turner Nitrous Ti
  • wheelie

Any one got one? Do you know anything about rear wheel clearances as regarding seat tube?

rexated
    Free Member

Hi Wheelie,

I’ve just got one, but not built it up yet. Having seen your thread, and being reminded of the website photo’s that seemed to show pretty minimal clearance at the ST, I just fitted a wheel in to check. There’s loads of room all round. It’s only a Rocket Ron 2.25 but I reckon there must be a good 13mm between the closest bit of tyre tread and the back of the seat tube. Plenty of room around the chain stays and seat stays too. Which is a relief as I bought it in part to be able to run 2.4 tyres.

Quite a stunning frame, but I’m a bit of a Turner fanboy so I would say that…

wheelie

Thanks for your reply. That is good to know as said the photographs are not very clear re. tyre clearance. lovely looking bike ….or human powered missile!

wheelie

Rexated
    I have emailed you Cheers.

rone

nitrous

Got mine built. Rigid job.

Turner did a great job on shipping and getting parts to me during difficult times. Shipping from USA blistering quick. 2 days, and good price.

No ride info yet, just around block – super fast steering!

More to come.

blackhat
    Free Member

Oo, that’s nice and on my shortlist for my next purchase. Do you know how much it weighs? Did you go for a full build or frame or frame/fork and how damaging were the shipping and taxes?

rone

I went for frame and the build kit and made a few tweaks. There has been some delay on build kits. Par for the course these days.

Not weighed it yet. Maybe 22/23lb.

Shipping and duty not so bad. We ordered two so we had to pay twice clearly.

Bikes and parts that comes into the country are all subject to vat and duty it’s just that you don’t see it normally when buying retail.

The value of buying from the USA was pretty good actually, even with the shipping etc.

Worth remembering bike parts attract less duty than a full bike. Think about how you may work with that.

jobro
    Free Member

Quite a stunning frame, but I’m a bit of a Turner fanboy so I would say that…

@rexated
    – a slight under statement I think 🙂

blackhat
    Free Member

Thanks. For someone who is still running a 26” fleet and been somewhat dismayed by the weight of their larger wheeled cousins that seems pretty good. I have nothing to transplant onto a frame, so a full build might be the most time efficient way of getting a complete bike; guess I’ll have to engage with DT and see what we can cobble together.

rexated
    Free Member

Nice one Rone, looks good. Classy.
    I spent the morning setting mine up for winter, but couldn’t bring myself to take off the suspension and plug in the rigid fork quite yet!

rone

Cheers.

I know the feeling.

nickc

That’s a lovely looking bike rone, you must be chuffed with it.

rone

Thanks, hope so! Will report back – the geo is very different for me.

Not sure what to expect.

rone

Just a note about shipping. It comes from bikeflights who use UPS, but you can prepay and pre clear the shipment, that’s what saves the time.

http://www.bikeflights.com

It’s got a good interface. Turner obviously arrange all this but you can do it yourself.

rone

Just a 700mile report to say I’m loving this bike. Super comfortable compliant ride through winter.

Not super happy with the Eagle 12 speed. Shifter seems stiff compared to the 11speed set up.

Handling is magnificent seems to allow stretch and super sharp handling.

Easy to look after and will probably ride most of the year now.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I came here expecting to see retro pictures of old school lightweight full suspension bikes.

I’m getting old!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Turner Nitrous Ti’ is closed to new replies.