Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Turner grease gun…
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Can any Turner owners suggest an (cheaper)alternative to the Turner £42.50 grease gun? Seem murmurings that a £15ish gun will fit the grease ports but wondered if anyone has any links? It’s a Sultan frame if that makes any difference…

granny_ring

I use the dualco one and got a longer needle. A 5 min job to undo one of the shock mounts to get to greaseport on my HL spot.

If you can find a shop selling one of THESE
    or failing that maybe use one of these?
    Needle

MussEd
    Free Member

Mmm, by the time I buy the mini gun, needle fitting and grease probably be as well just buying the £42.95 turner gun from silverfish…thanks granny_ring

richmtb

To be fair you don’t need the needle if you take the shock off.

I just use a standard grease gun

stu1972
    Free Member

Yeah this:

Thru drilled M5 x 20 Socket cap screw with a grease nipple welded on. Simples.

I Have all my zerks plugged off & simply screw this in for a quick blast of grease.

The originals are a bad head anyways. Especially when you have to clean the zerk off first ( unless you keep them taped up)

If you want one gratis let me know and ill knock one up for you

stu1972
    Free Member

Oh and by the way I have the genuine grease cartridges for sale at £8 delivered.

Will probably outlast the life of the bike.

adsh
    Free Member

Has anyone ever got any new grease in and old grease out?

funkynick

I seem to remember Dave Turner stating that the long bent needles that they sell are just ordinary long needles which they have bent themselves…

I did think about doing the same, but haven’t bothered and just pop one of the shock bolts out to do the top pivot.

As for the grease gun, I think I bought mine from a local hardware place for not very much money.

richmtb

Has anyone ever got any new grease in and old grease out?

No funnily enough I haven’t.

Not sure where the old grease goes!

granny_ring

Stu, ygm cheers

MussEd
    Free Member

Another mail from me Stu!

ironmike
    Free Member

I have a dhr with zerk fittings and an old dualco pace grease gun.
    I can never get any grease in through the zerk fittings I always find myself removing the fittings out of the cap and getting grease in that way.

stu1972
    Free Member

I can categorically state for the record that the Dualco grease gun did not put enough grease into the bushings of my Flux & 5 Spot. I think that the injection method isn’t good enough due to the small spiral groove in the bushings ie too much resistance.

Turner state that you should never over grease the bushings to the point that grease comes out of the sides.

I assume that’s because your essentially mis-seating the o-rings which would allow for dirt ingress.

I say bollocks to that. I pump till it comes out of the sides then fully clean the grease away on the outsides so the o-rings sit right.
    You’d be amazed how much watery dark grey grease comes out of them.

MussEd
    Free Member

Got mine today, tidy wee thing! Cheers Stu!

stu1972
    Free Member

Your welcome !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Turner grease gun…’ is closed to new replies.