Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Turner Flux Horst Link Vs DW Link both with 120mm forks
  • haggis1978

I’m in a position where I’m having to sell my Blur LTc just now to fund baby stuff so I’m left with my old Turner Flux Horst link. I must admit this is a superb machine but I’m wondering how it would cope if I put a 120mm fork on the front or should I sell it and get a DW Link flux which can take the 120mm fork. Basically I’m trying to be as cost effective as possible whilst still bridging the gap in bikes as a result of the loss of my Blur. Has anyone put a 120mm fork on a Horst Link? Thanks

granny_ring

I haven’t yet but when I build mine up it will have a 120mm reba.
    Have read on here that quite a few people have done that no probs.

adsh
    Free Member

I know a lot of people have liked their Fluxs with 120mm but I didn’t on my DW. It felt sit up and beg and for me needed a very low position on the front to climb well. I had the forks spaced to 110mm which is perfect – don’t know why 10mm made such a difference but it does (to me)

vondally
    Free Member

yes it was fine but I did have travel reduction

in all honesty it was fine without

Frankers
    Free Member

I ran my Horst Flux with 100 & 120mm, preferred 120mm

Do it you’ll love it

JCL
    Free Member

10mm seriously? On certain forks there is that much difference in A-C between Fox and Rockshox.

adsh
    Free Member

Dunno why but it made quite a difference to the way it climbed. Maybe all in my head who cares it worked.

Anyhow if it all makes sod all difference why bother increasing travel by less than an inch?

haggis1978

Cheers for the info guys. Sounds as if it will be ok to give it a go.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Turner Flux Horst Link Vs DW Link both with 120mm forks’ is closed to new replies.