Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Turner Bushings
  • dickie
    Free Member

Has anyone had any luck obtaining Turner suspension bushings?

I emailed greg at Turnerbikes but that bounced back, sent an inquiry to Turner on Contact Us, not yet received a reply & store shows out of stock.

Any help much appreciated, wifes Czar needs new bushings to seat stay/rocker pivot.

sam_underhill

Try the sales@ address or worst case try dt himself. Looks like they are making some new CX bikes so must still be operating in some way.
    Sad times. My burner is about to be retired and my Czar is a V2 so takes bearings. Hopefully I won’t need any other hardware for it.

gingerbllr
    Free Member

Hello,

There are no suppliers for Turner spares in the UK, it seems that you have to deal with Turner directly. They also dont seem to list the bushing sizes anywhere, and the rebuild kit is really expensive, especially with shipping and charges on top.

You can get replacement bushes from Ignus, I think this is the one you need, however, its probably worth measuring up first.

https://www.igus.co.uk/product/67 (JFI-0809-04 I cant seem to link directly to this size) – for the seat stay/rocker link.

Full range – if you’re feeling adventurous.
    https://www.igus.co.uk/iglidur/plain-bearing

Have a read of this thread, some super good information in there:
    https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sqeaky-turner-bushing-anyone-got-a-spare-one-going/

dickie
    Free Member

Sam – I tried Sales@ & 25 minutes later David Turner emailed me back.
    When I got the bike apart the pivot axle at the seat stay tip was worn, right through the anodizing. Dave has none but has just had a quote for a new batch & said the price was exorbitant so is trying to beat them down.

gingerbllr – thanks for the link – the serial numbers quoted look correct but the DW bushings are way off when check with a vernier. However the the DW bushes look ok so I’ll order the other smaller sets for now.

NS
    Free Member

I emailed tech@turnerbikes.co.uk a couple of weeks a go & got a pretty prompt reply from David Turner.

NS
    Free Member
    dickie
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ve ordered the Igus bushings for the seat stay tips & rocker pivot. The serial numbers listed in the thread linked didnt match my bushings for the main DW pivots.
    Now I just need a pair of pivot axles for the seat stay tip / rocker pivot.

grahamh
    Free Member

Do you have any bushing/bearing suppliers near you?
    I had the same issue a couple of years back, got one of the bushings out
    intact, took it round to a supplier near to me and they sorted me out.
    Something like £40 for 6 bushings.

dickie
    Free Member

I’ve got the bushings coming in the post, its the axles thru the bushings I need.

rone

Now I just need a pair of pivot axles for the seat stay tip / rocker pivot.

I have a few bits of semi worn parts for various DW bikes but I tried to help someone else on here and they were just too worn.

I purchased loads of igus bushings several years ago but I found they don’t actually wear that much in reality.

It’s the shafts that case the problems.

There was very little dw hardware left and certainly no rockers for the czar 1.0 as mine cracked a year or two ago and I spoke to Dave who did me a deal on a new Czar 1.1 because he didn’t have the rockers left.

Anyone seen Turners new Ti do all bike? Much like Travers Rusti which I already own.

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks Rone – I’ve had loads of Turners over the years & never replaced anything. On the wife’s Czar the seat stay tip pivot has red bush’s (PUSH???) & the aluminium axle has worn thru the anodizing creating the play.
    DT said he’s had a very high price quote for a 1000 unit batch so is trying to beat them down.
    Its frustrating a great bike is shelved due to this small pivot axle.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Get it made locally?

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks – a few mates suggested the same.

snaps
    Free Member

Are they not just alloy bar?

Get them remade in steel so the bushes wear instead?

dickie
    Free Member

Snaps – I think I will approach a local workshop to do just that, even if they just turn down a stainless steel bolt – a hex head on the outside rather than a large inset Torx.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I read on mtbr yesterday that turner sold all their inventory to ‘Cambria bike’ which I guess is a distributor in the states.

Turner as a company was apparently looking to sell before xmas. I guess no one wanted it.

sam_underhill

To all the Turner owners on here…. I’ve just retired my 27.5 DW Burner. It’s actually got a small crack in the BB. For the cost of postage, I’m happy to send you all the used bushings and pivot hardware if it’ll help keep your Turner on the trails. You can even have the DW link and rockers if you want.

nickjb
    Free Member

Hi Sam, If this offer hasn’t been snapped up I’d go for it. Be great the wife’s Turner DW link. Will PM (if it is working)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Turner Bushings’ is closed to new replies.