Turner 5-Spot Custom: Extra Small [PICS]

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Turner 5-Spot Custom: Extra Small [PICS]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Turner 5-Spot Custom: Extra Small [PICS]
  • Premier Icon Alex

Turner 5-Spot for Sale by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Allegedly this was built for Mrs Turner but I’ve never been able to establish if that’s true. It is however a custom Extra-Small. Fitted by 11 year old daughter at 5ft and she’s outgrown it at about 5ft 5.

It is a raw finish and polishes up really nicely. It rides ‘like a turner’ which if you haven’t had one is best described as ‘brilliant’ 😉 Climbs well, digs in for traction, lovely and balanced in the singletrack and a hoot downhill. I’ve ridden it a few times (obviously it’s tiny for a 6 footer) and never come back without a grin on my face.

Rear travel is about 5 inches, front is currently 4. It’d take a bigger fork as the frame is very robust. Weight with the air shock is 28lbs. I’ll include a Vanilla R with a couple of springs if anyone fancies it as a park bike. Which it’d also be fab at.

Detailed Spec
    Frame: 13.5inch (mail me for all measurements) RAW 5-Spot frame
    Fork: Marzocchi Bomber 2003 100mm (still works superbly)
    Wheels: Mavic 223s with Conti Vert Pros
    Brakes: Hope Mono Mini, 160mm both ends
    Transmission: LX cranks and shifters, XT mechs. 3 x 9.
    Seatpost: Thomson 27.2 / 400mm
    Stem: Superstar 60mm
    Bars: Shimano Pro
    Headset: FSA

Everything works perfectly with loads of wear left in all components, recently changed gear inners and outers, new brake hose and bleed.

Things to note: there’s a dent in the top tube which was there when the previous owner had it. Never shown any sign of getting bigger/cracking/etc. Pic below. Everyone who has looked at it feels the same as me – it’s not an issue.

Lower headset bearing is a bit grumbly and could do with replacing and there’s a bit of a rumble (but no play and it spins for ever) from the rear wheel.

I really hope it can go to a good home. We’ve had loads of fun on it and my daughter has now moved onto a 2004 17in burner ?

I dare not work out what it cost me. Selling it for £500 if we can meet and a bit more if I have to pack it up and post it.

Can do bigger pics of anything – see here for the full set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexleigh/sets/72157631919490724/with/10097980776/. Loads more info but the ad is already way too long.

Get in touch here or alex_leigh100(at)Hotmail(dot)com.

Premier Icon Alex

Mel/Glenn – thanks for your emails. Have responded.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5-Spot Custom: Extra Small [PICS]’ is closed to new replies.