Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • turner 09 for 2010 prices
  • pastcaring
    Free Member

i tried to order a 2010 turner 5 spot from silverfish today. i was told there were no changes for 2010 and turner didn't do years. what they had in stock (2009 frames) is what they had to sell for 2010. i emailed them a list of changes for the 2010 5 spot, which i'd gotten from turner and the turner forum.i'm still waiting for a reply.

is this usual for silverfish? seems a bit under hand to me, trying to sell a 2009 frame as a 2010 frame. if i hadn't of been deciding on what bike i wanted for the last three month, i might not of known about the spots upgrades. silverfish would of sold me a 09 frame for 2010 price. is there another option french/dutch importer? anybody gone down this route? i don't think i want to put money in silverfish pocket anymore.

dickie
    Free Member

I bought a DW Flux in December & got a £200+ discount.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

My experience of Silverfish would not allow me to recommend them to anyone – possibly the worst customer service I've ever had the misfortune to need.
    I'd be tempted to let Turner know what they're up to.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Why dont you just spec the 2010 colour, they will then have to special order one for you?

the_lecht_rocks

Nicolai Helius AC.
    Sorted 😀

toons
    Free Member

or import one

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

I'd second what Trailseeker said – you don't have to look far back through this forum to find plenty of tales of disgruntled dealings with Silverfish.

You could try ordering the frame from an American site like Competitive Cyclist though.

Or just find a Turner dealer in the UK that knows what they're talking about and get them to deal with the hassle of Silverfish;-)

peachos
    Free Member

are you sure there is a 2010 model??

"With mass production companies, they need to either create BNG {Bold New Graphics – bike industry slang for ‘Nothing new to see here, so let’s put some new stickers on the bikes’} each model year to out-style the previous stuff, or create an all-new model in the hopes of making previous customers buy something new every year or so.

I try to make changes only when there is a definitive advantage, with the current case in point the dw-link that we introduced last year. It pedals better. I sell pedal bikes, so when I test rode an Ironhorse years ago, I knew that Dave Weagle had something others did not.

Non-model year approach? Well, we do introduce new models when we need to, and mostly we try to do that in conjunction with the rest of the industry. But we do NOT have a frame revision schedule every year in the pursuit of planned obsolescence just for the sake of marketing. If I have done my job well, there will be little to no changes for years. Most model segments are not changing fast enough to demand a notable change every year, so a lot of changes are pushed on to the customer to buy based on the fear of owning an outdated bike."

from that 5min with DT article on here recently…

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

There are various refinements to the 2010 frame, however the most obvious being a new colour scheme and paint matched rear ends.

tops5
    Free Member

There has been some talk about this over on MTBR, it seems that there are indeed some spec tweaks for 2010. Silverfish seem to be attempting to offload 2009 stock. One user contacted Turner direct who confirmed that Silverfish were BS'ing

heihei

Fox have also updated the RP23 to include boost valve technology, although DT/DW commented on MTBR that they felt the frame rode better without it…

julianwilson
    Free Member

dickie – Member

I bought a DW Flux in December & got a £200+ discount.

There's a great, glowing and encouraging review of the Turner Flux in the last edition of Shred magazine. I just noticed who the reviewer is! 😆

With Silverfish UK taking over the distribution this year and the bikes suddenly appearing appearing in a whole lot more shops, the Flux was suddenly within my reach.

No sh!t sherlock! Hopefully one of the silverfish peeps who post on here will pop up and say hello later. 🙂

pastcaring
    Free Member

got a reply from silverpish today.

their bikes are all up to date stock apparently. but they are not stocking matching front/rear ends for the uk.
    from what i've read on mtbr, some people in the usa still wanted polished rear ends but couldn't get them.
    so what, did turner only make polished rear ends for the uk??
    i under stand that the small changes have been made over time, not just for 2010. the bike released in december had all the changes (so far) and that was what i wanted!
    silverpish have now offered to order me a 5spot from the usa. now waiting for an eta.
    i want a 5spot but don't no if i wanna deal with silverpish.
    anyone in holland/france?

traildog
    Free Member

Get in touch with Marco at Ciclo Montana in Spain. See what he has to say, he might be able to sort you out.
    here

khani
    Free Member

just get one, you wont have a problem with warranty, turner customer service is legendary, if you dont want to deal with silverfish just go direct to turner usa, thats what i did when i needed to sort my 5spot out and the shop had closed down and the importers had changed, spoke to a fella called greg wulff and the service was superb.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah! Deal with Turner direct.Greg is excellent! Sent my 2004 Spot back to get it refinished,paint and graphics etc.Service was excellent and price worked out ok in the end!
    Thanx Max

pastcaring
    Free Member

i have emailed turner, im guessing they don't want to get involved in silverpishs mess.
    but to my knowledge turner have lost two sales this week due to silverpish. i wonder how many more?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘turner 09 for 2010 prices’ is closed to new replies.