Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Turn any gloves into heated ones for £5 and 0 faff (if you have a USB powerbank)
  • Premier Icon yohandsome
    Free Member

fd

Just the right length wires and size pad, heats up to about 35C max.

fdfd

fd

https://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-Electric-Heating-Vest-Jacket-Pads-for-DIY-Heated-Thermal-Clothing/254779840203?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 (you can find them from Chinese sellers for £3)

Had a usb powerbank lying around and found these – doesn’t get easier, although it does not go into the fingers it helps heat the blood going to them so if you’re just missing a bit of heating they should do the trick.

Premier Icon tjmoore

Chinese sellers you say? Maybe a fire extinguisher in the other pocket also 🔥😄

Out of interest, I’ve got a powerbank that has a heat mode built in. I don’t trust it though, plus it’s draining the battery and I need it for charging 😁

Premier Icon yohandsome
    Free Member

35C is not enough to catch fire – it’s just two wires connected to a graphite cloth – powerbanks have short circuit protection too so I wouldn’t worry.

Premier Icon robbie
    Free Member

Could they fit in a shoe? whats the length of the cable before it joins together?

Premier Icon DezB

Excellent stuff 🙂

Premier Icon yohandsome
    Free Member

@robbie each wire from the usb plug to the start of the pad is 115 cm.

Premier Icon johnnystorm

I bought something similar for a fiver on amazon that were longer and thinner for shoes.

I’ve put them on the drop bars on the back of the tandem for my daughter. Threaded a pair of old socks over and held on with elastic bands. Seems to work a treat but blitzed a battery faster than my wahoo would!

I also got a five patch set up that comes with an on/off hi/lo setting switch that I’ll work into a gilet at some point.

Premier Icon hainman
    Free Member

Saying item won’t be sent to United Kingdom

Premier Icon belugabob
    Free Member

<cough>pogies<\cough>

Premier Icon johnnystorm

Oh yeah, I have pogies on the back for my little ‘un too.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

So this is the 21st century version of a bit of string running up your sleeves and keeping your mittens together?

Premier Icon yohandsome
    Free Member

Did some testing, seems they only draw 2A at 5V so 10 watts, a small 180g 10000 mah / 40 Wh powerbank will then give up to 4 hours runtime – not bad! Temperature the pad reaches averages around 35C like stated.

Premier Icon DezB

Got some, work great. Ordered a USB switch so I can turn off/on as needed. Not sure how the wire config will work with it
    Like this, but 1/3rd of the price on ebay

Premier Icon hainman
    Free Member

Anyone used these on the bike,trails yet
    Mine came today and I’ve plugged it in to test and does generate some heat but how it would have held up the other morning when it was minus 3 and I couldn’t feel my braking finger would have been good to test
    Like the look of that switch
    Might grab one to add to it

Premier Icon TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Mine (singluar) arrived today. Just one pad in a package with a Y splitter and 2 plugs. It gobbled the juice out a powerbank in a couple of hours plugged into the 2A output. The temp read at 50 degC. I wonder if it would throttle back the current and temp plugged into the 1A output?

Premier Icon weeksy

It’s spring now…. was a great idea 3 weeks ago, but it’s toasty now 😀

Premier Icon hainman
    Free Member

Aye Mibbe in the rest of the world but up here in Scotland even our summer is f@ckin baltic

Premier Icon yohandsome
    Free Member

Happy to hear it worked, here in Germany it got too snowy to ride by some miracle..

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Could they fit in a shoe? whats the length of the cable before it joins together?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Powered-Heated-Shoe-Insoles-Rechargeable-Wireless-Waterproof-Foot-Warmer/351550620667?hash=item51da0cc3fb:g:YR4AAOSwAYtWH7y0

Review here

Premier Icon monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Would this not work of a mobile phone?

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

Aye Mibbe in the rest of the world but up here in Scotland even our summer is f@ckin baltic

It was t-shirt weather yesterday in peebles.

Premier Icon hainman
    Free Member

Awright for some
    I’d give my left nut to get to ride down peddles area again soon

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.