Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Turin/Bardonecchia in later November
  • oliverracing

Im planning on a super budget fly out Saturday, fly back Tuesday long-weekend away in late November with my gf. Going to Italy is the key spec for this trip and its looking like Turin area will be our best bet as cheap flights and costs of accommodation are laughably low.

I’ve been budgeting up what we can do and there seems to be an access pass that allows you into all the museums/attractions for two days for about €35 each plus a little bit for the transport. This looks quite a good option and would leave a little bit for a few meals out, but neither of us are hugely into museums…

Our other option would be to take the extra warm clothes and walking boots and catch the (€7) train to Bardonecchia where we can stay for a touch cheaper and be in the mountains for a bit of walking/exploring/mountain atmosphere, and then spend the final night in Turin.

My only concern is we’d be there a week before the season starts and the lifts open so it could be completely dead and a bit grim, anyone got any experience of this in Bardonecchia?

Also any other suggestions for a £300 all in trip to Italy for two? (25th-28th Nov) Will probably book the flights this week but open to suggestions if you can think of anywhere better!

John_Key
    Free Member

I was there in August and it was very nice. I’m sure that coming into winter that there are still plenty of places to eat out that will be open in the town. Maybe email the tourism office there?

oliverracing

Already done that, the lack of reply made me assume all is currently closed and would likely be till the season starts! I’m half tempted to go with it anyway as worse case scenario the supermarket should at least be open!

oliverracing

So for reference if people google and this thread comes up…

The tourist board got back to me, all museums and attractions in Bardonecchia will be shut till early December, so I think we’re gonna stick to Turin and maybe do a day trip there if the weather is particularly amazing and snowy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Turin/Bardonecchia in later November’ is closed to new replies.