Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Turds in bags!!!
  • uwe-r
    Free Member

This really makes my piss boil. Dog owners who pick up turds in a bag but then just leave the bag lying around!!!!

IF THAT’S WHAT YOUR GOING TO DO IT’S BETTER OF NOT IN A BAG!!!

I see it all the time on the local trail. One was hung of a tree branch like a Christmas tree decoration at the weekend, and I had to step over one to get in the car this morning.

If I ever catch anyone doing this I will go nuts – I will rip the forks right out of the headset and set about the f@!king idiots. 😈

roper
    Free Member

How do you know what’s in the bag?

uwe-r
    Free Member

It’s brown and looks like sh!t

xcgb
    Free Member

Hmmm 5/10 no angry spelling, old subject, not enough exclamation marks

geordiemick00
    Free Member

as a dog owner I really fail to see why people do this, why do the hard part which is to pick it up then hang it from a tree? I know some people hang it on a tree to retrieve it on the way back to save them carrying it but some have clearly been there for months as the bags have lost their colour.

At least the shoite degrades if left on the floor, it doesn’t in the bag…

The severe lack of litter/dog poo bins in many places doesn’t help but nevertheless it’s no excuse and if push comes to shove you take it home and put it in your own bin

Onzadog
    Free Member

I doubt people even consider this point but doing that changes the offence from fouling to littering.

As a dog owner, I don’t get it either.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I know some people hang it on a tree to retrieve it on the way back to save them carrying

What makes you think this ok!!!! Turds in bags in trees is not ok!!!!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have asked folk about this – its so that the council employees who pick up the litter can pick them up more easily. warped logic but thats why they do it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My son picked one up the other day when he was playing in some trees 🙁

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

how do you know its from dogs?

uwe-r
    Free Member

how do you know its from dogs?

Gillian Mckeith told me.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

At least the shoite degrades if left on the floor

the toxocara canis parasite can survive 3 months in the environment

uwe-r
    Free Member

So i’ll just keep on stepping over the little Sh!t bags then!!!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Whilst we’re on this subject, why are there more dog poo bins than litter bins in my local walks / parks? A plastic bag will last a lot longer than 3 months in the countryside. Won’t someone please think of the poor voles?
    AND THERE’S STILL SHIT ON THE PATHS!!!

GrahamS

I have asked folk about this – its so that the council employees who pick up the litter can pick them up more easily. warped logic but thats why they do it.

Wow! Wtf? That really is quite twisted.

I wonder if they are the same people that leave their litter in a neat pile on the grass?

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey, is this still an issue? What with the hundreds of threads about it on STW I would’ve thought the problem had gone away by now.

GTDave
    Free Member

Unfortunately not, the eggs can remain infective for several years outside of the host.
    Scrub those hands kiddies!

As a dog owner, I probably cover more of the popular dog walking routes than most sans-dog, yet thankfully I have never come across a bagged dog-egg hanging in a tree.

joao3v16
    Free Member

some people hang it on a tree to retrieve it on the way back to save them carrying it

so that the council employees who pick up the litter can pick them up more easily

Excellent. If there’s one thing in life you can count on it’s stupid people concocting excuses to justify their idiotic behaviour.

bigyinn
    Free Member

As a dog owner, I probably cover more of the popular dog walking routes than most sans-dog, yet thankfully I have never come across a bagged dog-egg hanging in a tree.

Where do you walk your dogs then? Heathrow airport? (the only place I can think of with no trees off the top of my head)

HermanShake
    Free Member

This reaffirms my frustration at dog owners. Love is blind, they are frequently inconsiderate! The shitinabag suspended from a tree branch (saw one last ride too!) is a classic, I’d hate to see what they put up for xmas! Imagine, all those “baubles”.

Granted, there are some considerate dog owners who go unnoticed as they are responsible. Alas it’s dwarfed by the tree terrorising pavement perverters with their rude little pets.

philconsequence
    Free Member

kids face next time!

djglover
    Free Member

Why is anyone surprised, most dog owners are intellectually challenged and crave the company of a submissive dumb creature is it any surprise they think its OK to do this?

antigee

plenty in bags on trees and on fences round these parts (and not bagged on paths and grass and kids )

interesting comment that some perceive it makes it collectable by council workers

i thought maybe the crap (pardon the pun) logic was – “they moan its not great for kids – so i’ll put it out of the way – no harm in that”

Cougar

I do boggle at the mentality of anyone who would go to the bother of scooping up dog waste, putting it in a little plastic baggie that they’ve brought with them for the purpose, and then leave it lying around.

I mean, either you care or you don’t, right? If you do, you dispose of it properly, if not you leave it as nature intended, in the middle of the footpath for dispersion by chidren and cyclists.

I can only assume that perhaps naiively they think they’re doing the right thing. The levels of stupid that some people are capable of no longer surprises me.

antigee

either you care or you don’t

think those people that care carry it to bin/home
    those that don’t care consider they have done their bit by cleaning it up – not their fault no bin nearby

somewhere i had a link to a keep tidy seminar on the subject that looked at different locations and distance from bins was a big issue, in their survey a long walk around a reservoir had stacks more bagged and left than say a park with bins (though the park had more poo on the ground) – people feel under pressure to clean up but don’t want to carry it any any distance or are happy to just dump when no one is looking

Cougar

I suppose that makes more sense; who wants to walk five miles cuddling a still-warm bag of doggie drops, after all. But still, in that situation why wouldn’t you just scoop it off the path and into the verge or canal or whatever? Weird.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I’m training to be a Mountain Leader (taking groups mountaineering) and the policy on wild pooing is 50m away from water ways, buried in a 6″ hole with a rock on top to prevent it being dug up. Surely this should apply to anyone else adding faeces to an area it doesn’t come from (livestock-fine as they live there, dogs and people-bad as it’s external to the ecosystem.

Maybe little spades need to be marketed to dog owners in trendy colourways?

BTW I always remind myself that The Sun is the nation’s favourite. It seems to quell the anger! Morons will behave moronically.

You can’t polish a turd, but you can get rid of it responsibly 😉

BoardinBob

Up in Mugdock there’s a post with a sign talking about the dangers of dog turd for the resident wildlife.

Dog owners have taken to dumping their bags of dog turd at the base of this sign. 😕

The mind boggles.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I suppose that makes more sense; who wants to walk five miles cuddling a still-warm bag of doggie drops, after all

take your dog on shorter walks if this is too much for you!

But still, in that situation why wouldn’t you just scoop it off the path and into the verge

thanks for making the verge a no-go area

samuri
    Free Member

So how do the STW massive feel about me putting bagged up dog poo in their bins?

I’m walking my dog on her normal walk. She does a poo and I pick it up in a bag, tie the bag closed and then since someone has left their bin out, I put the bag in there. Obviously if I don’t pass any bins then I’ll just put it in our bin when I get home, I don’t care really.

It seems our neighbours do. One guy came charging out of his house demanding that i remove whatever I’d put in his bin (he didn’t know it was bagged up dog poo at that point), but he certainly went balistic when he found out it was.

samuri
    Free Member

Why is anyone surprised, most dog owners are intellectually challenged and crave the company of a submissive dumb creature is it any surprise they think its OK to do this?

Dogs are much nicer than people. HTH.

djglover
    Free Member

I guess they must be if you are willing to clean up their crap for the whole of their lives with your bare hands. Even my own kids I’m hoping I don’t have to clean up their crap much beyond 2.5 years.

Wierdos

uwe-r
    Free Member

So how do the STW massive feel about me putting bagged up dog poo in their bins?

No thanks i want nothing to do with your dogs turds!!!!!

johnners
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be keen. Luckily you don’t know where I live though.

samuri
    Free Member

Even my own kids I’m hoping I don’t have to clean up their crap much beyond 2.5 years.

dream on. It may no longer come out of their bums but you’ll be sorting out their crap most of your life.

donsimon
    Free Member

Has anyone got any tips on teaching your dog how to crap in the bags?

Cougar

take your dog on shorter walks if this is too much for you!

thanks for making the verge a no-go area

You seem to have assumed that this is what I’m doing or proposing as a great idea.

a) I’m speaking hypothetically as I’m trying to understand the mentality of the poo-baggers and

b) I don’t have a dog, so the only way I’m likely to make the verge a no-go area is by doing a Radcliffe halfway round.

Cougar

I think I’d be more concerned as to what you were doing in my back yard, but hypothetically if my bin were publically accessible then I’d far rather you did that than chucked it on the floor. I think I’d be miffed if I came to use the bin and it was full of other people’s rubbish, but as an isolated incident I really wouldn’t care.

GrahamS

Hmmm.. well as long as it was properly bagged in something that isn’t going to split open and leak poo everywhere when I empty my kitchen bin on top of it then, yeah, sure, my bin is mainly poo-filled nappies anyway so I’m less sensitive than some and I’d rather it was in there than on the ground where my daughter might play.

McHamish
    Free Member

My Mum visited a friend in Japan whos dog would wait till she held the bag ready to catch the poo.

Perhaps we need Japanese dogs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Turds in bags!!!’ is closed to new replies.