Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Turbo Trainer app to follow a streetview route
  • andywill

Is there an Andriod app that will allow me to plan a route in google maps then allow me to follow that route in streetview. I have an elite turbo muin smart b+ trainer & the Myetrainer app doesn’t appear to do this (I can follow a course on google earth but not streetview). Cyclops Virtual training lets you follow routes but I can’t see how to use your own. I can’t use Zwift as my laptop is not up to date enough. Anyone know of a suitable app or am I missing something with Myetrainer or Virtual training?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t think you can do it in street view because it’s not a 3D image, it’s a series of 2D, 360deg images taken at intervals, where as Google Earth is a 3D model including buildings in some areas.

The trainers and software that do street level video are using video of the route, then adjusting the frame rate to match your power output and the gradient.

andywill

Ah, ok I can see the reason it doesn’t seem to exist. That’s a shame as I liked to create my own routes & not use existing ones.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Whenever I look at street view and try and zoom along, it makes me feel sick 😡

DavidB
    Free Member

Try this ridiculous hack

andywill

Thanks for that, its one way to solve the problem! I didn’t think about the out of focus delay while its bringing in the picture 😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Turbo Trainer app to follow a streetview route’ is closed to new replies.