Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Turbo / Garmin compatibility question
  • Watty

Will my Elite Turbo Muin B+ (blurb says: integrated Elite Misuro B+ sensor to provide wireless connectivity to your favourite apps via ANT+ & Bluetooth) talk directly to an Edge Explore, so I can record my turbo sessions as well as my road rides without needing an intermediary app like zwift?
    Ta

whitestone
    Free Member

If you can pair the two from the Edge Explore so that it recognises the sensor then yes.

Watty

If? Well that’s the million dollar (or £180 in my case) question isn’t it? 😃 I don’t want to buy the Garmin to find that it won’t pair. Does anyone have a similar setup?

whitestone
    Free Member

Ah, you didn’t say that you were yet to buy the Garmin!

A search for “pairing garmin edge explore with elite misuro” comes back with hits suggesting it does but also (inevitably) some saying they have problems. The hits suggest that it should work even with Garmin watches.

My 520 has the option to pair an indoor trainer but since I’ve only got a dumb trainer I can’t check to see it works.

Watty

Thanks Bob, sorry for the confusion.

Rubber_Buccaneer

My Edge 820 pairs fine with a Tacx Bushido Smart.  Controls resistance, gives alerts (all depending on what I’ve told it to do) records the session. No problems so far.

Not the specific gear you are asking about but it’s all I’ve used and at least indicates it may work

CraigW
    Free Member

Seems the Edge Explore is lacking some of the training features, compared to other Edge models.
    If you want to control the resistance etc, you need Ant+ FE-C. But the Edge Explore doesn’t do that.
    Check DC Rainmaker’s review. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/07/garmin-edge-explore-review.html
    Also check the Ant+ directory. https://www.thisisant.com/directory/edge-explore/

savoyad

It depends what data you want to pass to the Garmin.

The Edge Explore will take HR, speed and cadence data from the Elite unit, but not power data.
    (It can’t control trainer resistance either, but that doesn’t matter here because the Misuro plus isn’t a controllable unit anyway).

Watty

Thanks savoyad, I think you’ve answered my question, ta.
    Oh, and Craig too. I did check the DC Rainmaker review before posting, but couldn’t find anything specific, or more likely I didn’t understand it. 🙄

CraigW
    Free Member

The Edge Explore also doesn’t support workouts. So you couldn’t use it for interval training.

Watty

Indeed. I need to have a re-think.

whitestone
    Free Member

Why are you looking at the Edge Explore? (Other than price?)

Garmin (and everyone else) don’t make it easy to find which units support workouts – even Garmin’s website when talking about compatability just says for bike units: “Edge models that support workouts”, I mean FFS!

So, at a guess: the 530, 830 & 1030. The 520, 820 & 1000. Possibly the 800. I’ve uploaded workouts to a 510 but I’m not sure if that was the same file format as that in use today.

Watty

I know, it’s a minefield. I had this idea in my head and thought it would be all so easy, but no. There doesn’t seem to be a unit that does all the things I think I want it to, and cheap enough so I’m not paying for features I’ll never use. Ho hum.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Turbo / Garmin compatibility question’ is closed to new replies.