Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tubless leek
  • simonm
    Free Member

I guess the solution to this is to remove tyre and start again but, I’ve recently put NN 2.25 on a DT5.1 using bontrager rim strip, front has worked well but the rear I have a problem. It all sealed up OK but when I put more than 30lbs in I get a leak from around the valve.. when the pressure drops below 30lbs it holds that air ! its like a blow off valve. As above, I guess I just have to re-sit it and start again.

ta.

coffeeking
    Free Member

uplink
    Free Member

I think you’ve found the optimum pressure – leave it at that

firestarter
    Free Member

ive had this problem with my rear . Same wheel but with dt strips. Rear kept leaking and drying out no matter what i did. Just swapped from wheel milk to stans stuff and its sealed straight away . Touch wood:-)

doof_doof
    Free Member

Could be that the sealing tape on the spoke holes isn’t sealing, so air is leaking into the rim cavity and coming out around the valve. I had a similar leak last week. I thought it was the valve – turned out to be the tape.

firestarter
    Free Member

cancel my joy lol ive just located the leak its in two of the spoke holes ive reseated the bleeding dt rimstrip about 4 times now to no avail i think i may have to resort to ghetto set up as its really getting on my tits now ;-(

glenh
    Free Member

Don’t you have any sealant in there?

firestarter
    Free Member

are you meant to leave the original rim strip in and install the tubeless strip over the top or remove the orig strip and tape over the holes then stick in the tubeless strip.

sorry for the hijack lol

doof_doof
    Free Member

Use tape to seal the spoke holes, then the tubeless strip.

firestarter
    Free Member

i see where my problem may lie then 😉 cheers

stevomcd
    Free Member

The tubeless strip is supposed to go straight onto the rim, stuck down with the double-sided tape supplied.

simonm
    Free Member

mmm, some good tips… ta… nice Leek !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tubless leek’ is closed to new replies.