Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tubeless Inflators -Specifically Beto CJA-001s
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

Does anyone else have this thing?

Reviewed here as being brilliant http://road.cc/content/review/219192-beto-cja-001s-tubeless-air-tank-inflator

but I find it lets the air out really really slowly, I can pump nearly as fast. It just does not give that kind of air dump you would expect from a tubless charger.  Resorted to using  a CO2 which is completely the opposite of the point…

leffeboy

There is a video of it working in another of their reviews, is it slower than that?

http://road.cc/content/feature/216423-video-comparison-which-tubeless-tank-best

That original review is terrible and looks a bit fake, suggesting that being able to just dump air in fast (binary) is a bad thing when in fact that’s the whole point 🙁

benman
    Free Member

I had one for a short while, but sent it back. I couldn’t get a tyre to seat, which my Dad’s Airshot seated first time. I bought an Airshot shortly after…

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

I have one.

Doesn’t always work first time but it’s never failed to get a tyre on a rim including a fairly loosely fitting 2.5’’.

cp

Mine works a treat, air comes out pretty damn quickly albeit not quite co2 quick but pretty damn close. Infinitely faster than hand pumping.

Never failed a tyre yet.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I have it. Works a treat on my 29’er and 650b 2.3-2.5 tyres. I find I have to remove the valve core though. It gives a good consistent dump of air then. I also press areas where air is coming out to aid seating.

I use it quite a bit- cheaper than CO2’s and less waste (cartridges).

leffeboy

Does the lever go in either direction, ie. Is one way fast and the other slow?

5plusn8
    Free Member

leffeboy – its hard to tell the speed as mine is a 2.4 26″ mtb tyre, they demo on a skinny road tyre. I can pump through it as fast as it inflates.
    I seated this last night with another mates airshot, which just literally dumped its air in about 1 second. I unscrewed the valve head off the end of the beto and timed free flow, 2mins and.33 s to empty from 160psi.  The airshot under the same conditions was less than a second.

leffeboy

That doesn’t sound right at all, especially with the valve head off.  It does sound like the lever isn’t fully opening.  On their site they claim 5 seconds

Time to send it back?

5plusn8
    Free Member

only one way.

5 seconds? Link?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless Inflators -Specifically Beto CJA-001s’ is closed to new replies.