Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • tubless compatability flow ex/advantage 2.4
  • D0NK

I previously ran a flow with maxxis advantage 2.4 yellow tape no rim strip* at 40psi held on fine for a few rides then blew off the rim. Was advised that using a flow ex with just yellow tape should be fine but before I give it a go does anyone else use the same combo?

*i’ve been told that was silly, flow + none tubeless tyre = always use a strip, but in my defence I ran a maxxis dual ply on there with no probs for over a year.

D0NK

bump

FuzzyWuzzy

Using a non-tubeless tyre in a tubeless setup is daft regardless of what else you’re doing…

D0NK

except it’s what Stan has based a fairly profitable business on, but each to their own

Northwind

FuzzyWuzzy – Member

Using a non-tubeless tyre in a tubeless setup is daft regardless of what else you’re doing…

Nope.

But I haven’t used this exact combo so can’t comment. Exo 2.4 Advantage on my old Flows with just yellow tape worked perfectly but I’ve not had a tyre on my Ex yet to compare. If it doesn’t work just as well as the Flow I’ll be peeved, though.

neninja
    Free Member

I found Advantage 2.1 Exc to be a bit loose at the bead on a set of Stans Arch rims. Worked well for a while but seemed to stretch the bead. I removed them from the rims during winter to use some mud tyres and couldn’t get them back on after as the bead was simply much too loose.

I’ll stick with Schwalbe and Conti tyres from now on.

twoniner
    Free Member

Why?

D0NK

Exo 2.4 Advantage on my old Flows with just yellow tape worked perfectly

what pressure northwind? Exact setup I had and as I said I had a nasty derubbering event on castle crag, resulting rock strikes trashed the rim (well I won’t be mounting tubeless anyway) I was maybe running a little over 40psi* so it was either that or just bad luck on my part maybe, strange, as it had held on fine on some pretty rough descents.

*I have trashed several UST, TR and normal rear tyres by pinching them, the low pressures some people get away with is not an option for me, will be a bit more careful and won’t be going over 40psi again tho.

Northwind

Ooh, not sure- big tyre so probably 25psi-ish, I weigh nowt.

(I’ve never pinched/split a TLR or UST tyre but I did murder that Flow rim at fort william by riding half a day with a soft rear. Pinchflatting is cheaper!)

D0NK

fair enough. Cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘tubless compatability flow ex/advantage 2.4’ is closed to new replies.