• This topic has 21 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by zntrx.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Tubeless winter road tyre
  • anagallis_arvensis

Recent convert to tubeless on my gravel/winter road bike. Fitted Spesh Roubaix and have had two non sealing punctures within first 200km. Tyres before with tubes were heavy and lacked feel Spesh Espoir but one puncture in 2 years, Roubaix’s at 30/32mm ride nice but seem fragile. Any suggestions for a 30mm ish tyre, was looking at Gravel Kings but they dont seem to be tubeless ready.
    Have used Swalbe Durano’s before but I would prefer higher volume.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve been really happy with my Hutchinson Fusions, they do a 32mm version called the Sector.

Not cheap at £32/each but over the past 12 months ive had no punctures and thus not had to buy multiple tubes!

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Schwalbe G One Speed, used them for a few years now. They were designed for Paris Roubaix so do the job for winter riding.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mariner
    Free Member

Schwalbe and Conti both do high protection tires.
    For tubeless I think it would be Schwalbe.

sandboy

I’ve not tried anything else but have been more than happy with my Hutchinson Fusion all seasons. Been using for four winters now and no problems. They ride well with good grip in the wet and are durable and robust, fairly lightweight too.

submarined
    Free Member

GKs are tubeless ready. You need to get the TLC version though. Non TLC aren’t.

ransos
    Free Member

My Hutchinson Sectors have been great. Lightish, durable and not too draggy.

airvent
    Free Member

G One Speed, or G One Allround if doing more gravel type stuff.

munkster
    Free Member
    convert

G one Allround here too. I’m not going to tempt fate any more than necessary but safe to say they have done very well for 1.5 winters so far.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I have been using the Hutchinson Fusion all weather versions in 28mm, which seem pretty good in the wet and winter muck. But as to how robust they are, I don’t think I’ve had a puncture yet but then maybe I’ve been lucky.

Just querying Tinas, does the Sector use the same 11storm compound?

hardtailonly

I’ve a WTB Exposure 30c on the front and a GravelKing 32c on the rear (yeah, I know, missy-matchy tyres; did have a pair of the Exposures but one slit irreparably). Both set up tubeless, both seem to ride nicely.

Vortexracing

Schwalbe G One Speed, used them for a few years now. They were designed for Paris Roubaix so do the job for winter riding.

in 30mm flavour here, they have been spot on for two years

Daffy

I’ve had Pro One(28) Fusions (28) and currently have Sectors(32), but GP 5000 TL (32) are substantially better in feel, grip and rolling resistance. They also bed in faster than Schwalbe.

anagallis_arvensis

Thanks for replies, I have some non tubeless G one allrounds but I want a pure road tyre. Will look at sectors.. thanks all

Caher

I am using Schwalbe G One Speed (tubless) and had 3 punctures in one day and they are already wearing out. Someone with the gang i ride with has recommended Terravail Ramparts.

davehastings

I’ve just binned my 32mm Sectors, as I just found them too sketchy in the damp – I could get the rear wheel to slip on steep climbs, and corners were best taken cautiously. A shame, as on paper they had a lot going for them

w00dster

I’m using 32mm gp5000 TL this winter. First winter using them obviously, so far no issues noticed.
    My riding is 17 mile commute on bridleways, gravel paths and roads, plus 2 club rides a week. Expensive but I’m more than happy with them.

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve just binned my 32mm Sectors, as I just found them too sketchy in the damp – I could get the rear wheel to slip on steep climbs, and corners were best taken cautiously. A shame, as on paper they had a lot going for them

Hmmmm, I might try a rear as that is the biggest puncture risk and keep the Roubaix on the front.

I’m using 32mm gp5000 TL

Conti I presume, I’ll have look thanks, havent tried a Conti since about 2004 when I hated Gatorskins!!

clubby

Hutchinson Fusion Performance 11 storm. Fitted them in the summer but kept them on and have been great in winter so far. Thinner rubber depth than the all season but test I read reckoned they were less puncture prone than all season version as the rubber is a bit firmer and less susceptible to small nicks.

footflaps

I’m using 28mm GP4000 IIs on my winter bike (which come up at 32mm), only one puncture so far and that was a massive staple which went right through the tyre and got stuck in the mudguard. Was too tight to cough up for GP5000s…

EDIT, although not tubeless yet…

zntrx
    Free Member

I’m using Marathon Supreme TL-Easy for commutting, no punctures yet (1 year) and not much wear either. Come in 35mm and 40mm (I’m using 40s). Maybe heavier than you want though…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless winter road tyre’ is closed to new replies.