Tubeless Valves Question

Home Forum Bike Forum Tubeless Valves Question

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tubeless Valves Question
  • Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

Does anyone make tubeless prest valves that fit rims drilled for schrader?

I’ve converted a wheelset using Stans tape & valves but have had to bodge a fix (using a washer & piece of old innertube) to prevent the valve being pushed through the hole. Whilst it seems to be holding out, I’d prefer a better fix – have ordered a couple of valve hole reducers from JRA but these only resolve the external issue of the valve stem moving about.

Any ideas or does anyone make these valves with a wider end?

Klunk

these ?

I’ve also used cut down schwalbe inner tubes which had threaded valve outers so can be clamped down.

andyrm

These are the ones I use:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-CAR-8mm-CHROME-TUBELESS-TYRE-WHEEL-VALVE-NEW-/220790250422?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item33681fdbb6

Done 5 wheelset conversions on DH/AM bikes with these in the last year, all working perfectly still.

Also makes it easy to do problematic conversions as you can take the core out for initial seating/inflation to get lots more air through quicker.

🙂

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

Thanks chaps but I wanted presta valves really.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

they are right, nobby – I’ve used those noflats ones and they anchor to the rim really well. Nice big opening for fast inflation with the valve out too

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

have ordered a couple of valve hole reducers from JRA but these only resolve the external issue of the valve stem moving about.

One of these? I have them in my wheels – though using tubes at present – and should think they’d work just fine with a tubeless valve. The latex ought to seal any small gaps.

Klunk

they may have some left and note the order restriction.

alternatively you could just buy the “normal” ones and make your own gasket. small piece of ply and black silicon rubber would do the trick.

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

Scaredypants- those valves are schrader & I want to continue using presta.

aracer – yep, those ones. I assumed they drop in to the rim from the outside so don’t influence where the valve comes through the inner wall? Will have a look when they arrive.

Klunk – they look the job, will order a pair when I get home. Cheers.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I took a stans rim strip I had lying about and just cut most of the strip off- not cheap if I didn’t already have the bits, but it’s worked out perfectly.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

I assumed they drop in to the rim from the outside so don’t influence where the valve comes through the inner wall?

Nope – they thread from the inside – would be kind of pointless otherwise.

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

Excellent, thanks.

I’d assumed they went in the other way as the plastic ones do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless Valves Question’ is closed to new replies.