Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tubeless valve tip-Specialized inner tubes
  • mildbore

Just converted my winter bike to tubeless after averaging a puncture per ride. Anyway,on removing the Spesh inner tubes I noticed those flats on the valve core and after a quick fiddle (I was very excited) I found that Specialized inner tubes have a removable valve core. Don’t spend a fortune (well, £7) on Stan’s valves, spend £5 on a Spesh inner tube, cut off the valve and put £2 towards your next pint!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Schwalbe also have removable cores. Most ‘decent brand’ tubes do also.

bomberman
    Free Member

How were you averaging a puncture a ride!? I don’t think i’ve had one puncture in all the time i’ve been mountain biking.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zero-cool
    Free Member

As do Tesco innertubes

honourablegeorge

Or buy a Specialized valve for £3 from Evans?

midlifecrisis
    Free Member
    honourablegeorge

bomberman – Member

I don’t think i’ve had one puncture in all the time i’ve been mountain biking.

World’s bravest statement

STATO
    Free Member

midlifecrisis, buy those and tell us how it goes 😆

How were you averaging a puncture a ride!? I don’t think i’ve had one puncture in all the time i’ve been mountain biking.

I had that last year, thorns. I was lucky if i only got one a day, often it was 2, worst was 2 thorns in each wheel on the way home. Switched to other bike with tubeless and pulled 20+ out my tyres in a month.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

STATO – got one fitted at the moment. Not had any issues with it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless valve tip-Specialized inner tubes’ is closed to new replies.