Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tubeless tyre Stupid question.
  • nosemineb
    Free Member

I feel were all allowed one stupid question some of you many more.. 😀

If i want to use a garage compressor for my tubeless tyres with presta valve is there an adapter for the schreader valve on the compressor or am i missing a trick?

Struggling with wire schwalbe on crests..

tried putting a tube in but chased it round the rim with levers for ages before giving up.

stevied
    Free Member
    nosemineb
    Free Member

Exactly! Thankyou.
    😳

svalgis
    Free Member

You might as well remove the valve core. Very effective for troublesome rim/tyre combos as well.

dibboid
    Free Member

The only problem with those adapters is that they screw onto the part that is removable. So you restrict the airflow. I got one and it’s useless in the compressors you find on petrol garage forecourts. If you need to go down the compressor route then take your adapter to a proper tyre garage that has a decent old style compressor not the type you pre enter your required pressure as they only do little bursts on the flat tyre mode.

Be careful too as when using the adapter it doesn’t register the pressure with the gauge properly either and will result in a loud bang and stans jizz everywhere. (From experience)

I can get away with my track pump with valve core removes add it seems more effective. Hope this helps.

Northwind

Petrol station inflators are mostly pretty useless for tubeless- low volume to stop customers filling their brains with bubbles. You can shift more air with a decent trackpump (by which I mean, not some daft road-oriented thing that’s great if you want to get a tiny tyre to a million psi but no use if you want to get a tractor tyre to 30psi)

eskimonumber1

You might as well remove the valve core. Very effective for troublesome rim/tyre combos as well.

^This.

The only problem with those adapters is that they screw onto the part that is removable. So you restrict the airflow. I got one and it’s useless in the compressors you find on petrol garage forecourts.

^And this.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Ah ok…
    ill start again with soap and take the core out to.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tyre Stupid question.’ is closed to new replies.