Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • tubeless stupid?
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

Trying to sort my tyre issue on the cheap.

would it be stupid to run tubeless on the front and a tube on the back. I can’t afford new tyres 🙁 and none of my rear tyres work tubeless.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Not stupid at all in my opinion, I too have done the same.

Haze

Stupid to leave a bike sat in the garage for the sake of sticking a tube in…

bones76
    Free Member

I have two Used Maxis advantage tubeless ready you can have for nothing but you have to pay for postage and packing? they both have a enough tread on to keep you going for a while.

They are around 3 years old now and have replaced due to finding a couple of small blebs on the front tyre after i had replaced the latex in them and was told that it had reacted with the inner casing because of there age, i ran this tyre for a month or so after i found the blebs and had no issues and replaced once i had the spare cash, totally understand if you want to pass.

Up to you??!!

thomthumb
    Free Member

thanks bones appreciate the offer. I’ll think i’ll just stick a tube in the rears. need to be 29 anyway. 😀

bones76
    Free Member

I also have a Bontrager jones xc in 29” if you wanted that for a tenner plus postage? loads of tread and can be run tubeless if required

andyrm
    Free Member

Build your rim up with electrical tape of gaffer tape cut in half lengthways and it will work tubeless with whatever tyres you already have. Do a dry run before putting sealant in, just to make sure they’ll “bite” on inflation. Redo it with sealant and do the shakeround thing.

Job done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘tubeless stupid?’ is closed to new replies.