Tubeless slow leak…

Home Forum Bike Forum Tubeless slow leak…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tubeless slow leak…
  • KINGTUT

Riding on them will probably do it, it gets the sealant in every nook and cranny.

Premier Icon rugbydick
    Subscriber

Hold the wheels horizontally (both sides) and give them a good shake seems to work for me.
    I guess that just helps the sealant get into more of the nooks and further crannies.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

Riding… Best to set up just before a ride. Lots of different motion that get the sealen everywhere.

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

+1 for just have a ride. I had a slow leak when i first went tubeless. Took it for a few rides and not a problem since.

It might not have yet sealed.As said ride them and keep an eye on them. Sometimes the sidewalls can take a while to seal up.

If they are still going down,check the valves are seated properly,and the rim tape hasn’t shifted.Finally a slug of extra sealant might do the trick.

captcaveman

see stan’s website for how to jiggle it correct then lay it flat each side. or use soapy water to find the leak and then ensure you get sealan on that area

loddrik

In both tyres!! Only set them up last week and haven’t ridden on them yet but they’re going down, takes around 3 days to empty. I stuck a small 2oz bottle of stans in each. Bonty’s on Crossmax. Would more sealant do it?

andywill

Fairly normal to leak a little until you have been for a ride.

loddrik

Thanks chaps 😀

loddrik your tubeless is broken,do not ride it,take it back to the shop,and ask them to fix it ASAP

2 things take the wheels of bike and shake about horizontal and get out riding, that usually sorts mine out!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless slow leak…’ is closed to new replies.