Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • tubeless sealant options advice
  • bobbyspangles

a slow adopter here.

1 pair of maxxis lust tyres and stans ztr rims have got me started on the road to tubeless.
    inflating is not a problem but before i committed to buy I would appreciate some advice on latex solutions please.

i am aware of stans,caffe etc but are there any other options?

jedi

im using continentals sealant. it works

lump

Stans have served me well.

mmel
    Free Member

I used Stan’s on my attempt. The one thing no one tells you is that if your tyres are old and have any sizeable cuts in them then the sealant will just squirt out when you try and inflate. You’ll need to do a bit of patching. I’ve heard some mix in a bit of slime sealant as it has bigger “bits” in it.

andyrm
    Free Member

I always use Stan’s now after experience of a couple of others.

Bontrager stuff is RUBBISH – a mate got this as it was the only stuff his LBS had in stock. Simply wouldn’t seal. We then put Stan’s in when he could get some, and it worked perfectly first time on the same setup.

I’ve tried Joe’s Eco and yes it’s good and seals nicely, but seems to dry out faster than Stan’s.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Used Stans on my first attempt to go tubeless, advice I got from the forumers was that it can depend on the tyre also, mine inflated first time with a rubber queen and a MKII found they sealed very quickly upon inflation, best tip is to use a little more sealant than recommended. WMB have just voted Stans as there go to sealant if that helps.

JoeG
    Free Member

Used Stan’s for years and am happy with it; no personal experience with other brands.

I know someone who tried Cafelates; it wouldn’t seal holes for him. He went back to Stan’s.

DezB
    Free Member

Bontrager stuff does work with Bontrager tyres.

Stans – good but dries out
    Hutchinson – good but reacts with water and goes blobby (blobby blobby!)
    Geax – best I’ve used, but expensive

GaryLake
    Free Member

Only tried Bontrager juice with Bontrager tyres on Bontrager rims with Bontrager rim strips. As a system it’s bloody brilliant going up with a track pump with brand new tyres, no stretching them out with a tube either.

Bontrager stuff doesn’t seem as prone to drying out either and is easier to get off tyres when changing them.

bigj205
    Free Member

I’m now using Doc Blue
    Sold by Schwalbe, made by stans, in the same bottle as stans.

But cheaper

John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘tubeless sealant options advice’ is closed to new replies.