Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tubeless sealant in inner tubes?
  • dobo
    Free Member

Is anyone using stans or jra wheel milk in inner tubes? does it still work and prevent punctures?

Was thinking about putting some in my conti inner tubes that have removable valve cores on the CX bike.

Any reason why this wont work? or not recommended?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I use stans in tubes some times. I don’t think it works as well as slime, only in that slime lasts in a tube for a year or more and the stans seem to least a few months before giving up (drying out I guess). I tested it in a tube by repeatedly stabbing holes in it with a needle. Slime costs more but is cheaper in the long run I reckon.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

I put stans in the pram wheels. There are some pretty nasty nicks in the tyres, but couldn’t tell you if the stans has worked it’s magic or not, they certainly haven’t sprayed out jizz everywhere.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iffoverload
    Free Member

used OKO and it works for me.

dobo
    Free Member

interesting, i wasnt even aware of OKO products, just checked out their site and they sell tubes with sealant all ready in it, whether it works or not is the question

iffoverload
    Free Member

been using it in a pair of conti MK BC ghetto, so far hold pressure great, and used a bit in a tube that was flat a couple of weeks ago, worked like a charm, went down once pumped it up and its holing 40 psi so suppose its doint the job. its thick stuff so i watered i down a little to help it spread around…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless sealant in inner tubes?’ is closed to new replies.