Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tubeless road tyres for the discerning tight arse
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

For the commuter so tough 30-35 mm must go with powder blue but if theyre 60 notes an end, forget it!

C’mon stw watchyagot?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nothing to add other than i like the title

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got the Roubaix Pro 2bliss 30/32mm set up tubeless on a set of DT CR1600 wheels, plenty fast enough and smooth too. Done a few big rides on them, taking in nice roads, crappy country lanes, broken tarmac and cycle paths, cracking tyres.

alexpalacefan

Tredz 🙁

I’m out.

APF

scaredypants

If only you could go elsewhere:

Sellers

Rutland Cycling

Tredz Bikes

Leisure Lakes Bikes

Hargroves Cycles

Certini Bicycle Company

Cycles UK

Pedal Revolution

Scotby Cycles

Sigma Sports

Thomas’s Cycle Revolution

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pwned!

Garry_Lager

The discerning tightarse buys michelin tyres from decathlon – Unfortunately, I can’t see that they’ve got involved with road tubeless yet [they do MTB, though]. So failing that hutchison fusions are another suggestion that aren’t too pricey – 25c is 30 quid at the mo from CRC.

Heard good things about the irc formulas if you wanted to loosen the wallet, £50+ usually but should last 1000s of miles.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

+1 for the Specialized Roubaix 2Bliss – a top tyre that I’ve been running for a few months now on the Tripster. Buy a set from the brilliant Cyclestore in Congleton via their website and it looks like you’ll get the second tyre at half price. Happy days…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Roobuyzees winning so far…..

Good work crew

jonnyboi

Panaracer gravel king 700 x 32. Not the sk version

sub £30 each at Evans etc and the 32c  is tubeless compatible as per the Panaracer website

theboatman
    Free Member

I’ve gone with some Hutchinson fusion 5 11storms in 28mm for my Bakewell to Chesterfield commute. Very nice they are too, first time road tubeless for me, so mot the most broad review. But they are like fluffy pillows compared some 32mm tubed schwalbe things that came as stick on they bike. £33 from Merlin, but seems evans and chiggle all have them for a few pennies either way on that.

DezB
    Free Member

+1 for the Specialized Roubaix 2Bliss

and nothing wrong with Tredz

daern
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted some Schwalbe Pro One Evos from Rose Bikes – £75 a pair shipped. Not quite £60 each, but not super cheap.

That said, they have tubelessed up a treat and I stuck a hard 60 miles on them on Sunday without the smallest issue, so they are recommended.

Superficial
    Free Member

How important is tubeless for commuting?  Genuine question.  I haven’t ever bothered.  I’d like my tyres to be lighter / more compliant but not too bothered re: puncture protection since I don’t really get any – at least not enough to offset the faff of setting up tubeless.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No idea if they go tubeless or not, but vittoria hyper are flippin brilliant, cheap as chips at on one, 38mm here, fast too and not heavy and cumbersome like other puncture resistant tyres a la marathons.

DezB
    Free Member

How important is tubeless for commuting?

Not important at all – if you don’t get punctures (ever) it’s certainly not worth the sweat and anguish (and expense) to make the switch. I used to get punctures, so it’s worth it for me, 100%.

belugabob
    Free Member

Just to throw a different option into the mix…

Bontrager AW2

A couple of caveats, though…

1/ Not sure how well they work with rims other than Bontrager TLR

2/ They can be a bit tight to fit

CraigW
    Free Member

Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tubeless? Available in 700×35. Should be pretty tough for commuting.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless road tyres for the discerning tight arse’ is closed to new replies.